|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Christmas refrain from beating Joe Brown when he could have easily killed him the night in the cabin?
(a) Because Joe Brown is Joe Christmas' best friend
(b) Because Joe Christmas does not have the heart of a killer
(c) Because Joe Brown overpowers Joe Christmas
(d) Because Joe Christmas really wants to kill Miss Burden
2. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
(a) The janitor
(b) Rev. Hightower
(c) Miss Burden
(d) Mr. and Mrs. McEachern
3. What item in the dietician's bathroom at the orphanage fascinates the five-year-old Christmas?
(c) Talcum powder
(d) Pink toothpaste
4. Why does Christmas quit his job at the mill?
(a) He got a better offer from another mill.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He is bored with the work at the mill.
(d) He and Brown are partners in the whiskey business.
5. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
(a) Former minister Hightower
(d) Lucas Burch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
2. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
3. What does Byron tell Hightower has happened at the Burden house?
4. Who does the dietician approach to exact her revenge on Christmas?
5. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)