|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
(a) Because he does not want her making a fool of herself in front of the whole town.
(b) Because he wants Lena to return home.
(c) Because he wants her to like him.
(d) Because he wants Lena to stop poking around in things that are not her business.
2. This chapter goes back in time to provide the reader with information about events. This technique is called _________________.
(a) chronological manipulation
(c) timeline redux
(d) plot reversal
3. What does Christmas do as he stands underneath Miss Burden's bedroom window?
(a) He serenades her.
(b) He strips himself of the undergarment he wears.
(c) He yells obscenities at her.
(d) He throws rocks at her window.
4. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
(b) Lucas Burch
(d) Former minister Hightower
5. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
2. Mr. McEachern tells Christmas that the name "Christmas" is _________ and the boy will be called McEachern.
3. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
4. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
5. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)