|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
(a) To church
(b) To the movies
(c) To a ballgame
(d) To a different orphanage
2. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
(a) "a real back breaker"
(b) "nigger's work"
(c) "too damn hard"
3. What is in the six metal tins which Christmas digs up in a nearby ditch?
4. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
(b) They send him to a sanitorium,
(c) They tell him to get his act together.
(d) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
5. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
2. How many days pass before Christmas is returned to the orphanage?
3. What does Byron tell Hightower has happened at the Burden house?
4. What is the demeanor of the answer to #13?
5. What does Christmas do when he returns to the spring?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)