|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Hightower go on Saturday nights?
(a) Out to dinner
(c) Choir practice
2. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
(a) To a different orphanage
(b) To church
(c) To a ballgame
(d) To the movies
3. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
(a) She refuses to go to choir practice.
(b) She refuses to join in Bible study groups.
(c) She has no interest in fundraising drives.
(d) She interrupts her husband's Sunday sermon by standing in the church aisle shrieking at him.
4. What item in the dietician's bathroom at the orphanage fascinates the five-year-old Christmas?
(a) Pink toothpaste
(b) Talcum powder
5. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
(a) That Hightower was murdered.
(b) That Joe Christmas was murdered.
(c) That Lucas Burch was murdered.
(d) That Miss Burden was murdered
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
2. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
3. Why does Christmas quit his job at the mill?
4. This chapter goes back in time to provide the reader with information about events. This technique is called _________________.
5. Byron tells Hightower that a ______________ discovered the fire at the Burden place yesterday morning.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)