|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, 1940-1945, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth enter the men's room in Chapter 2?
(a) There is a long line at the ladies' room.
(b) She blindly follows Sean in.
(c) She is unable to read the Irish labels.
(d) She can't find the ladies' room.
2. How might one describe Elizabeth in Chapter 1?
3. What does Elizabeth begin attending in Chapter 4?
(b) Counseling sessions.
(c) Summer school.
(d) Music lessons.
4. Why does Dr. Lynch visit the O'Connor house in Chapter 5?
(a) To apologize to Eileen.
(b) To drop off some medicine.
(c) To avenge his daughter.
(d) To alert them of a fire in the village.
5. Who stands up for Donal in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Elizabeth about Violet's letters in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Violet White?
3. What does Elizabeth look forward to in Chapter 4?
4. What does Sean Jr.'s father do after his failure in Chapter 3?
5. What career does Maureen O'Connor want to pursue in Chapter 3?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)