|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their marriage, what functions do Latimer and Bertha attend regularly?
2. What is another reason that Latimer does not think the wedding will take place?
3. What does Latimer's father suggest he do now that Alfred is gone?
4. What happens after Mrs. Archer accuses Bertha?
5. What is the name of the new occupant of Bertha and Latimer's household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss, in detail, Latimer's childhood. Include his relationship with his mother, his father, his brother, and his illnesses.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the phrenologist's study of Latimer. Historically, what does the study of phrenology show? How does this examination change Latimer's thoughts about himself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Latimer's gift to Bertha. Be sure to include the symbolism and foreshadowing that the opal represents.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)