|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another reason that Latimer does not think the wedding will take place?
2. After marrying Bertha, why does Latimer feel coldness from her?
3. What happens when Bertha is leaving the room after Charles has pronounced Mrs. Archer dead?
4. What sorrow finally allowed Latimer to feel sympathy towards his father?
5. What does Bertha enjoy doing in regards to others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Latimer and Bertha's feelings and actions before he could read her mind through the loss of this ability.
Be sure to write in detail about:
- Bertha's feelings and actions before, during, and after Latimer could read her mind.
- Latimer's feelings and actions before, during, and after he could read Bertha's mind.
Essay Topic 2
"The Lifted Veil" speaks more to the story than one may initially believe. What is the importance of the title?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Latimer's relationship with his father before and after Alfred's death.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)