|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are married, why do Latimer and Bertha begin to spend more time alone?
2. After Latimer's father's death, Latimer finds out what Bertha really think about him. What does she think about Latimer?
3. How does Latimer react to Bertha's answer regarding her feelings for Alfred?
4. What does Latimer's father's sorrow crush in him?
5. What sense does Mrs. Archer lose right before her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss, in detail, Latimer's childhood. Include his relationship with his mother, his father, his brother, and his illnesses.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Latimer's relationship with his father before and after Alfred's death.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Latimer and Bertha's feelings and actions before he could read her mind through the loss of this ability.
Be sure to write in detail about:
- Bertha's feelings and actions before, during, and after Latimer could read her mind.
- Latimer's feelings and actions before, during, and after he could read Bertha's mind.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)