|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Latimer's new talent have no effect on?
2. What is another reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will not marry Alfred?
3. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
4. How does Latimer tell his story?
5. Why does George Eliot give Latimer psychic powers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Latimer's first vision.
2. Describe what happens at Lichtenberg Palace.
3. What are Latimer's father's plans for Latimer?
4. Describe the events leading up to Latimer's father's death and the change between Latimer and Bertha.
5. Why does Latimer not go hunting with Alfred?
6. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
7. Explain the events surrounding Latimer's recovery.
8. What do readers find out about what Latimer will go though throughout his life?
9. How does Alfred's death change the relationship between Latimer and his father?
10. Describe the events surrounding Mrs. Archer's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Latimer lacks trust in humanity. Discuss:
- Where you believe this mistrust stemmed from.
- Why you believe he continues to hold onto it.
- What you think needs to happen for him to trust again.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between Latimer's acceptance of Charles' success and the rivalry Latimer feels from Alfred's success.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Bertha and Mrs. Archer.
Be sure to discuss:
- How Bertha acts towards Mrs. Archer up until Mrs. Archer's death.
- How Mrs. Archer acts towards Bertha including the accusations.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)