|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha believe will ruin her marriage?
(a) Latimer's father.
2. What does Latimer's father suggest he do now that Alfred is gone?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Marry Bertha.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Settle on living a life of solitude.
3. How does Latimer see the relationship between him and his father changing after the death?
(a) It does not change their relationship.
(b) They both apologize for how they acted in the past.
(c) The death created even more hatred between them.
(d) The death formed a bond brought on by shared sorrow.
4. What happens after Mrs. Archer accuses Bertha?
(a) Bertha attacks Mrs. Archer.
(b) Bertha dies.
(c) Mrs. Archer dies.
(d) Mrs. Archer gets up and attacks Bertha.
5. Who does Bertha live with during her engagement?
(a) The Filmores.
(b) At a shelter for orphaned women.
(d) Latimer's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Latimer dies in what city?
2. Just after Latimer's father dies, what does Latimer realize he can/cannot do?
3. What mistake does Latimer make in asking Bertha if she will love him when they are married?
4. After returning home from his walk with Bertha, what does Latimer learn?
5. During his travels, what would permit Latimer to move on?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)