|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sense does Mrs. Archer lose right before her death?
2. What mistake does Latimer make in asking Bertha if she will love him when they are married?
(a) He believes that he may be sick again.
(b) He believes that he may have slipped up and possibly given an indication of his powers.
(c) He believes that Alfred heard them.
(d) He believes that Bertha may think that he is crazy.
3. How do Latimer's feelings about Bertha change once he finds out how she really feels about him?
(a) He finds her intelligent and strong
(b) They don't change at all.
(c) He finds that he loves her more now than ever.
(d) He finds her petty and does not like what he sees.
4. Who does Bertha live with during her engagement?
(b) Latimer's father.
(c) The Filmores.
(d) At a shelter for orphaned women.
5. Just after Latimer's father dies, what does Latimer realize he can/cannot do?
(a) He realizes he can change the past.
(b) He realizes that he has lost all of his powers.
(c) He realizes he can read Bertha's mind.
(d) He realizes he cannot see the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Latimer's wealth does Bertha acquire?
2. What does Latimer's father's secret help Latimer and Bertha to do?
3. What does Latimer begin to see as Bertha and Mrs. Archer become closer?
4. Whose favorite did Mrs. Archer become?
5. How does Latimer's father treat him after the death?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)