|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer's father suggest he do now that Alfred is gone?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Settle on living a life of solitude.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Marry Bertha.
2. Where does Bertha go after the walk with Latimer?
(a) Latimer's house.
(c) Alfred's house.
3. Why does Latimer find it curious that Bertha wants to care for Mrs. Archer?
(a) He doesn't really care.
(b) He has heard them fighting lately.
(c) He thougt that Mrs. Archer may be Bertha's mother.
(d) He thought Bertha should be doing other things.
4. How does Latimer's father treat him after the death?
(a) He begins to warm up.
(b) He neglects him even more.
(c) He immediately changes his own feelings and loves him deeply and shows it.
(d) He is still bitter towards him.
5. After Mrs. Archer's arrival, why does Bertha begin spending time with Latimer?
(a) She has forced him to be her slave or she will leave.
(b) He has changed and will do whatever she wants.
(c) Mrs. Archer has left and everything is back to normal.
(d) He can no longer read minds and she knows it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sorrow finally allowed Latimer to feel sympathy towards his father?
2. What does Latimer's father wish him to do now that Alfred is gone?
3. What does Bertha enjoy doing in regards to others?
4. How do Latimer's feelings about Bertha change once he finds out how she really feels about him?
5. What does Latimer tell the two nurses about the operation?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)