|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the wedding between Alfred and Bertha to take place?
(a) The following summer.
(b) The following spring.
(c) The following fall.
(d) The following winter.
2. Why does Latimer believe that Bertha will marry him and not Alfred?
(a) Latimer's plan to sabotage the wedding would succeed.
(b) In the end, his father would not support the marriage between Alfred and Bertha.
(c) A mistake during the ceremony would cancel out the marriage.
(d) A tragedy for Alfred.
3. What does Latimer regret telling Bertha during their walk prior to Alfred's death?
(a) About their upcoming marriage.
(b) About his ability to see the future.
(c) About his father's debt.
(d) About his ability to change the past.
4. How does Latimer see the relationship between him and his father changing after the death?
(a) It does not change their relationship.
(b) The death created even more hatred between them.
(c) They both apologize for how they acted in the past.
(d) The death formed a bond brought on by shared sorrow.
5. How does Latimer feel about the wedding?
(a) He knows it will take place, but something will happen to keep it from being completed.
(b) He thinks it will take place.
(c) He does not think it will take place.
(d) He plans on sabotaging it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after the death are Latimer and Bertha married?
2. Who does Bertha live with during her engagement?
3. What has changed in the relationship between Alfred and Bertha upon returning home?
4. What mistake does Latimer make in asking Bertha if she will love him when they are married?
5. Who does Latimer return home from Switzerland with?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)