|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He gets a vision.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He passes out.
2. Why does Latimer like running water?
(a) Because it has melted from the mountains.
(b) Because it is beautiful.
(c) Because it goes where it wishes.
(d) Because he knows why it runs.
3. Where is the narrator sitting during the last moments of life?
(a) On the bed.
(b) On a swing on the front porch.
(c) At a desk.
(d) On a window seat.
4. Why does Latimer's third vision frighten him?
(a) In the vision, he and Bertha hate each other.
(b) In the vision, his father dies.
(c) In the vision, he kills Bertha.
(d) In the vision, he dies.
5. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
(a) Because Latimer keeps getting sick.
(b) Because Latimer has many bumps on his head.
(c) Because Latimer cannot eat.
(d) Becasue Latimer cannot sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Latimer initially fall in love with his only love?
2. Who is described as handsome, confident, and extremely friendly, and evidently did not feel any rivalry with Latimer?
3. Why is Latimer's friend not accepted by society?
4. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
5. Why does Latimer shut himself in rooms alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Latimer find interesting about the changes in Bertha and Mrs. Archer's relationship?
2. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
3. After reading Bertha's mind, what does Latimer find out about her true feelings about him?
4. Describe Bertha's birthday events.
5. Upon returning home from abroad, describe what two things Alfred does with his time.
6. What does Latimer do to test his vision of his marriage to Bertha?
7. What does Latimer do instead of going hunting with Alfred?
8. What happens to make Latimer think of the vision he had of Bertha and him married?
9. What happens to Latimer and Bertha after Mrs. Archer dies?
10. What does Latimer find out about Alfred when he comes home from his walk with Bertha?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)