|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Latimer's father think he was strange?
(a) He is extremely loud.
(b) He is very intelligent.
(c) He is extremely sensitive.
(d) He is very outgoing.
2. What is Latimer's primary goal against his rival?
(a) Gain Mrs. Filmore's attention.
(b) Gain Bertha's attention.
(c) Gain his father's attention.
(d) Murder his rival.
3. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
(a) A city bathed in light by a rainbow.
(b) His mother, Mrs. Archer, and an older blonde woman.
(c) A storm with very strong winds and hail.
(d) His father, Mrs. Filmore, and a young blonde woman.
4. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
(a) Becasue Latimer cannot sleep.
(b) Because Latimer has many bumps on his head.
(c) Because Latimer cannot eat.
(d) Because Latimer keeps getting sick.
5. What does everyone buy Bertha for her birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other problems are associated with Latimer's illness?
2. What is the purpose of the introduction?
3. What does Latimer's new talent show in others?
4. What happens when his father begins to speak during Latimer's second vision?
5. How is Latimer to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Latimer's father think the marriage to Bertha will do for Latimer?
2. Describe Latimer's second vision.
3. Describe Mrs. Archer and her relationship with Bertha.
4. What happens during the blood transfusion?
5. What do readers learn about Latimer's "attacks"?
6. Why is Latimer attracted to Bertha?
7. What does Latimer do instead of going hunting with Alfred?
8. Describe the circumstances surrounding Latimer's first vision.
9. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
10. Describe what happens to Latimer's powers after Mrs. Archer arrives.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)