|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
(b) Mrs. Archer.
(c) The Father.
2. Who does Latimer's new talent have no effect on?
(d) His father.
3. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He has a seizure.
(b) He gets a vision.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He passes out.
4. What does Bertha keep on her gold chain?
(a) A locket from her mother.
(b) Latimer's ring.
(c) A cross.
(d) Alfred's ring.
5. What is Latimer's primary goal against his rival?
(a) Gain his father's attention.
(b) Gain Mrs. Filmore's attention.
(c) Gain Bertha's attention.
(d) Murder his rival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
2. What moments in Switzerland did Latimer never feel alone?
3. Why does Latimer choose this specific gift for Bertha's birthday?
4. Who does Latimer enjoy traveling with?
5. Who is a poor orphan with a genius for medical studies and a passion for science?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what ends Latimer's stay in Geneva and who comes to stay with Latimer.
2. What do readers learn about Latimer's "attacks"?
3. What does Latimer know about his death?
4. What does Latimer find interesting about the changes in Bertha and Mrs. Archer's relationship?
5. What do Latimer and Bertha talk about during their walk?
6. What does Latimer plan to do if his vision of Prague is proved to be true?
7. How does Alfred's death change the relationship between Latimer and his father?
8. What does Latimer do instead of going hunting with Alfred?
9. Mrs. Archer becomes very ill during Charles' stay. What interest does Charles find in her illness?
10. How does Latimer's ability to read Bertha's mind change their marriage?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)