|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their marriage, why does Latimer wish to read Bertha's mind?
(a) He wants to know if she still loves Alfred.
(b) He wants to know if she cares about what he does for her.
(c) He wants to know if she still plans on running away.
(d) He wants to know if what he does pleases her.
2. Does Latimer ask Bertha about her feelings for him prior to the wedding plans?
(a) Yes, she feels the same ansd now they (Latimer and Bertha) are engaged.
(b) No, she asked him how he felt first.
(c) No, he never asked her.
(d) Yes, she feels the same for him, but can't marry him.
3. What happens when Bertha is leaving the room after Charles has pronounced Mrs. Archer dead?
(a) She saw her leg move.
(b) She thought he was lying.
(c) She heard Mrs. Archer say something.
(d) She saw her open her eyes.
4. What does Latimer's father's secret help Latimer and Bertha to do?
(a) Run away and start a new life.
(b) Take their place in society.
(c) Get the divorce they both want.
(d) Start a family.
5. What has changed in the relationship between Alfred and Bertha upon returning home?
(a) They are formally engaged.
(b) They have decided not to get married.
(c) Bertha and Latimer are engaged.
(d) Nothing has changed.
6. Where does Bertha go after the walk with Latimer?
(b) Latimer's house.
(d) Alfred's house.
7. Who is killed during a hunting accident?
(c) Latimer's father.
8. How many months after the death are Latimer and Bertha married?
9. How much of Latimer's wealth does Bertha acquire?
(c) A third.
10. What happens to Latimer's "powers" during Mrs. Archer's stay?
(a) They began to weaken.
(b) They stayed the same.
(c) They could only be used on certain people again.
(d) They began to get stronger.
11. Which of Latimer's childhood friends come to visit him after his father's death?
(a) Jacque Meunier.
(b) Caesar Newfound.
(c) Charles Filmore.
(d) Charles Meunier.
12. What does Charles do for a profession?
(a) A physician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A con man.
(d) A banker.
13. What does Charles make Latimer promise about his proposal?
(a) To tell only Bertha.
(b) Not to tell anyone about the experiment.
(c) To tell everyone what they have done.
(d) To tell the reporters a false story.
14. How does Latimer feel about the wedding?
(a) He knows it will take place, but something will happen to keep it from being completed.
(b) He does not think it will take place.
(c) He plans on sabotaging it.
(d) He thinks it will take place.
15. What does Bertha believe would happen to Latimer once they were married?
(a) He would put them into debt.
(b) He would make them rich.
(c) He would die shortly after their marriage and leave everything to her.
(d) He would become her slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Latimer make in asking Bertha if she will love him when they are married?
2. Whose favorite did Mrs. Archer become?
3. Why does Alfred invite Latimer to spend time with him?
4. After their marriage, why are Bertha and Latimer rarely alone?
5. How does Latimer react to Bertha's answer regarding her feelings for Alfred?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)