|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Latimer's father agrees to take him shopping?
(a) His father is late.
(b) His father never comes.
(c) Alfred meets him instead.
(d) His mother shows up instead.
2. The narrator will die within what time period?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
(a) A city bathed in light by a rainbow.
(b) His father, Mrs. Filmore, and a young blonde woman.
(c) His mother, Mrs. Archer, and an older blonde woman.
(d) A storm with very strong winds and hail.
4. Who is the only person that Latimer falls in love with throughout his life?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) Mrs. Filmore.
(c) A servant.
5. Who does Latimer trust?
(b) Only Bertha.
(c) No one.
(d) Only his father.
6. Where does Latimer's father take him everyday?
(b) To the doctor.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To poetry readings.
7. During his death, Latimer thinks of what natural images?
(a) Ocean, sharks, and storm clouds.
(b) Earth, fields, a brook, the rain, and morning light.
(c) Mountains, rivers, and valleys.
(d) Rainbows, fish, and trees.
8. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
(a) He has one vision of Bertha as his wife.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He asks Bertha to marry him.
(d) He has one vision of him killing Alfred.
9. Where is the narrator sitting during the last moments of life?
(a) On the bed.
(b) At a desk.
(c) On a swing on the front porch.
(d) On a window seat.
10. Who does Latimer's new talent have no effect on?
(d) His father.
11. What does Latimer's father do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a con man.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a mortician.
12. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
(a) He starts reading Bertha's mind.
(b) He aquires the ability to place thoughts into other's heads.
(c) He starts having more visions.
(d) He stops having visions.
13. Who makes fun of Latimer's poetic nature and ridicules his favorite poems?
(c) His father.
(d) Mrs. Filmore.
14. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
(a) Reading other people's thoughts.
(b) Ability to cure illnesses.
(c) Ability to make others forget the past.
(d) Super strength.
15. While at Basel, who does Latimer begin to hate more than anyone else?
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
2. How is the woman with Mrs. Filmore related to her?
3. What does Latimer decide to do about his first vision in regards to his third vision?
4. Who is the author of The Lifted Veil?
5. What moments in Switzerland did Latimer never feel alone?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)