|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Latimer to die?
(a) With only his wife by his side.
(b) Cold and alone.
(c) Surrounded by family.
(d) With only his servants by his side.
2. After Latimer's vision of Prague, what city does Latimer try to "see"?
(a) New Zealand.
3. What happens after Latimer returns to the room after washing his face?
(a) He sees his dead mother.
(b) He finds that his vision has come true.
(c) He is reunited with Charles.
(d) He meets a new doctor.
4. Why is Latimer in Switzerland?
(a) To see new doctors.
(b) To become a landscaper.
(c) To start treatment.
(d) To complete his education.
5. While at Basel, who does Latimer begin to hate more than anyone else?
(c) His father.
6. What happens when Latimer realizes that his visions are coming true?
(a) He hugs his father.
(b) He faints.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs away screaming.
7. What age was the narrator when his mother died?
(a) Seven or eight.
(c) Nine or ten.
(d) Four or five.
8. What is the name of Latimer's neighbors that come to Switzerland?
(a) The Archers.
(b) The Filmores.
(c) The Mores.
(d) The Eliots.
9. Why is Latimer lonely in Switzerland?
(a) He gets into a lot of fights.
(b) He thinks people will make fun of his sensitivity.
(c) He thinks people are making fun of the bumps.
(d) He thinks people will make fun of his accent.
10. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
(c) The Father.
(d) Mrs. Archer.
11. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
(a) A city bathed in light by a rainbow.
(b) His father, Mrs. Filmore, and a young blonde woman.
(c) A storm with very strong winds and hail.
(d) His mother, Mrs. Archer, and an older blonde woman.
12. What does Latimer remember Prague being like?
(a) A long row of trees with muiti-colored birds in the branches.
(b) A city that brings only fear and hatred.
(c) A cold and dark place.
(d) A patch of rainbow light on the pavement, transmitted through a colored lamp in the shape of a star.
13. How does Bertha treat Latimer in public?
(a) She thinks him to be too young and sick to be a lover.
(b) She thinks him to be a match to Alfred and would be happy with either.
(c) She is always hugging him and holding his hand.
(d) She ridiclues him constantly.
14. Who does Latimer enjoy traveling with?
(b) Charles Meunier.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
(d) George Eliot.
15. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
(a) The poems that he writes for her.
(b) Him fainting the first time they met.
(c) Nothing, she has no clue.
(d) The songs that he sings to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
2. Why does Latimer like running water?
3. When will Latimer's story be told?
4. Why does George Eliot give Latimer psychic powers?
5. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)