|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will not marry Alfred?
(a) Because she wants to become a doctor.
(b) Because she has plans to leave and travel the world.
(c) Beacuse she has already accepted to marry someone else.
(d) Because she secretly ridicules Alfred.
2. Why does Latimer shut himself in rooms alone?
(a) To dream of Bertha uninterrupted.
(b) To make plans to kill Alfred.
(c) To write about his death.
(d) To sabotage the wedding.
3. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
4. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
(a) He asks Bertha to marry him.
(b) He has one vision of him killing Alfred.
(c) He has one vision of Bertha as his wife.
(d) He passes out.
5. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
(a) He starts having more visions.
(b) He aquires the ability to place thoughts into other's heads.
(c) He starts reading Bertha's mind.
(d) He stops having visions.
6. What happens when Latimer realizes that his visions are coming true?
(a) He faints.
(b) He hugs his father.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs away screaming.
7. When will Latimer's story be told?
(a) After his death.
(b) During the last month of his life.
(c) By someone else on his deathbed.
8. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He looks out the window.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He gets a vision.
9. What is the name of Latimer's neighbors that come to Switzerland?
(a) The Mores.
(b) The Eliots.
(c) The Filmores.
(d) The Archers.
10. What does Latimer buy Bertha for her birthday?
(a) A ruby.
(b) An opal.
(c) A book by Shakespeare.
(d) A mink wrap.
11. What is Latimer's first hatred?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother, Alfred.
(d) The doctor, Mr. Letherall.
12. What purpose does Latimer give to his life before he dies?
(a) Trying to make up to those he has hurt.
(b) Writing down the story of his life.
(c) Revenge to all who have hurt him.
(d) None; he gives up.
13. Why do Latimer's servants not answer his bell during his heart attack?
(a) They hope he will die quicker if they do not respond.
(b) They are choosing to ignore the bell.
(c) They are lovers and left the house arguing.
(d) They cannot hear from where they are.
14. Where does Latimer's father take him everyday?
(a) To poetry readings.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the doctor.
15. Why was the narrator's childhood happy?
(a) Because the narrator lived near the mountains.
(b) Because the narrator received a horse as a present.
(c) Because the narrator did not have supernatural powers yet.
(d) Because the narrator's mother was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Latimer decide to do about his first vision in regards to his third vision?
2. Why does Latimer's father think he was strange?
3. While at Basel, who does Latimer begin to hate more than anyone else?
4. What is the purpose of the introduction?
5. What is Latimer's primary goal against his rival?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)