|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that Latimer falls in love with throughout his life?
(b) Mrs. Filmore.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
(d) A servant.
2. What does Latimer read in secret?
(c) Music books.
3. Who does Latimer trust?
(a) Only Bertha.
(b) No one.
(d) Only his father.
4. Who leaves the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
(a) His father.
(b) The servants.
5. What does Latimer decide to do about his first vision in regards to his third vision?
(a) Ignore them and let fate lead the way.
(b) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would kill Alfred.
(c) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would ask her about her feelings.
(d) Nothing at all; he really did not believe in them.
6. What does Latimer "see" in his vision of Prague?
(a) A pasture with horses and flowers.
(b) His mother.
(c) A storm approaching.
(d) A city with a long bridge, flanked by statues of saints, over which a castle was looming.
7. Who is the author of The Lifted Veil?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) George Eliot.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
8. What will the narrator die from?
(b) A brain aneurysm.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A gunshot wound.
9. What other problems are associated with Latimer's illness?
(a) Multiple personality disorder.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Thoughts of impending death.
10. What is the affliction that the narrator suffers from?
(a) Brain Tumors.
(b) Angina Pectoris.
11. What is Latimer's first hatred?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The doctor, Mr. Letherall.
(d) His brother, Alfred.
12. How is the woman with Mrs. Filmore related to her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) An orphaned niece.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her long-lost daughter.
13. What happens when Latimer realizes that his visions are coming true?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints.
(c) He runs away screaming.
(d) He hugs his father.
14. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
(a) A storm with very strong winds and hail.
(b) His father, Mrs. Filmore, and a young blonde woman.
(c) A city bathed in light by a rainbow.
(d) His mother, Mrs. Archer, and an older blonde woman.
15. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
(a) Latimer takes pity on him.
(b) They both want to become doctors.
(c) Latimer shares his understanding of isolation.
(d) They both have "the bumps".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character can see their own death?
2. How is Latimer to die?
3. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
4. What is the name of Latimer's neighbors that come to Switzerland?
5. What is the purpose of the introduction?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)