|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as handsome, confident, and extremely friendly, and evidently did not feel any rivalry with Latimer?
(b) Mr. Filmore.
(c) His father.
2. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
(a) He asks Bertha to marry him.
(b) He has one vision of Bertha as his wife.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He has one vision of him killing Alfred.
3. Where is the narrator sitting during the last moments of life?
(a) On the bed.
(b) At a desk.
(c) On a window seat.
(d) On a swing on the front porch.
4. After his vision, who does Latimer ask to go find his father?
(a) Mrs. Filmore
(c) No one.
5. What is Latimer's primary goal against his rival?
(a) Gain his father's attention.
(b) Murder his rival.
(c) Gain Bertha's attention.
(d) Gain Mrs. Filmore's attention.
6. What is the purpose of the introduction?
(a) Give background on Mrs. Archer.
(b) Introduce readers to Latimer.
(c) Tell readers about the joy of life.
(d) Give readers a complete history on brain tumors.
7. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
(a) He aquires the ability to place thoughts into other's heads.
(b) He stops having visions.
(c) He starts having more visions.
(d) He starts reading Bertha's mind.
8. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
(a) Him fainting the first time they met.
(b) The songs that he sings to her.
(c) The poems that he writes for her.
(d) Nothing, she has no clue.
9. How does Latimer tell his story?
(a) Through diary analysis.
(b) Through flashbacks.
(c) Through dream interpretation.
(d) Through picture framing.
10. What is the name of Latimer's older half-brother?
11. Why is Latimer lonely in Switzerland?
(a) He thinks people will make fun of his sensitivity.
(b) He thinks people will make fun of his accent.
(c) He gets into a lot of fights.
(d) He thinks people are making fun of the bumps.
12. What is Latimer's first hatred?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother, Alfred.
(d) The doctor, Mr. Letherall.
13. Why was the narrator's childhood happy?
(a) Because the narrator did not have supernatural powers yet.
(b) Because the narrator's mother was dead.
(c) Because the narrator lived near the mountains.
(d) Because the narrator received a horse as a present.
14. Who enters the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
(a) His father.
(b) Pierre, a servant.
(c) His mother.
15. What kind of writing is The Lifted Veil?
(a) An epic poem.
(b) A graphic novel.
(c) A biography.
(d) A novella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Latimer's friend not accepted by society?
2. Why does Latimer like running water?
3. Who does Latimer describe as sarcastic, cynical, and unimaginative?
4. How is Latimer to die?
5. What is another reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will not marry Alfred?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)