|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) Charles Meunier.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
2. What is the name of Latimer's neighbors that come to Switzerland?
(a) The Eliots.
(b) The Filmores.
(c) The Archers.
(d) The Mores.
3. What is Latimer's first hatred?
(a) His father.
(b) The doctor, Mr. Letherall.
(c) His brother, Alfred.
(d) His mother.
4. What is the affliction that the narrator suffers from?
(b) Brain Tumors.
(d) Angina Pectoris.
5. Why does Latimer's father think he was strange?
(a) He is extremely loud.
(b) He is very outgoing.
(c) He is extremely sensitive.
(d) He is very intelligent.
6. What does Latimer's new talent show in others?
(a) Their love for Bertha.
(b) Their fear of Latimer.
(c) Their appreciation of Latimer.
(d) Their pettiness.
7. What does Latimer read in secret?
(d) Music books.
8. What will the narrator die from?
(a) A brain aneurysm.
(b) A gunshot wound.
(c) A heart attack.
9. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He has a seizure.
(b) He gets a vision.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He passes out.
10. Where did the bond between Charles and Latimer come from?
(a) The community of feeling.
(b) A shared illness.
(c) The attractiveness of both boys.
(d) The intellect shared between them.
11. The narrator will die within what time period?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
12. Who does Latimer describe as sarcastic, cynical, and unimaginative?
(a) Mrs. Filmore.
(b) The servant.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
13. What does Latimer remember Prague being like?
(a) A patch of rainbow light on the pavement, transmitted through a colored lamp in the shape of a star.
(b) A cold and dark place.
(c) A long row of trees with muiti-colored birds in the branches.
(d) A city that brings only fear and hatred.
14. Why is Latimer's friend not accepted by society?
(a) Because he is so intelligent.
(b) Because he suffers from schizophrenia.
(c) Because his mother is at a mental hospital.
(d) Because he is poor and ugly.
15. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George Eliot give Latimer psychic powers?
2. What moments in Switzerland did Latimer never feel alone?
3. What happens when Latimer's father agrees to take him shopping?
4. When the narrator rings the bell during the last moments of life, who comes in to help?
5. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)