|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
(a) Ability to cure illnesses.
(b) Super strength.
(c) Reading other people's thoughts.
(d) Ability to make others forget the past.
2. What purpose does Latimer give to his life before he dies?
(a) Trying to make up to those he has hurt.
(b) Revenge to all who have hurt him.
(c) None; he gives up.
(d) Writing down the story of his life.
3. Why did Latimer's time in Switzerland end?
(a) He contracted a severe illness.
(b) He died.
(c) He finished school.
(d) His half-brother died.
4. Who leaves the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
(a) The servants.
(d) His father.
5. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The wildlife.
(b) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
(c) The valleys and the rivers.
(d) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
6. What does Latimer pray to stay with?
(a) His mother.
(b) The unknown.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
7. Who does Latimer trust?
(a) No one.
(b) Only Bertha.
(d) Only his father.
8. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
(a) He starts reading Bertha's mind.
(b) He stops having visions.
(c) He aquires the ability to place thoughts into other's heads.
(d) He starts having more visions.
9. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
10. What moments in Switzerland did Latimer never feel alone?
(a) In the boat on the lake.
(b) During his visits to town.
(c) In the home he was staying in.
(d) On the shore reading his poetry.
11. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
(a) Becasue Latimer cannot sleep.
(b) Because Latimer keeps getting sick.
(c) Because Latimer cannot eat.
(d) Because Latimer has many bumps on his head.
12. What does Latimer remember Prague being like?
(a) A long row of trees with muiti-colored birds in the branches.
(b) A city that brings only fear and hatred.
(c) A cold and dark place.
(d) A patch of rainbow light on the pavement, transmitted through a colored lamp in the shape of a star.
13. What happens after Latimer returns to the room after washing his face?
(a) He is reunited with Charles.
(b) He sees his dead mother.
(c) He finds that his vision has come true.
(d) He meets a new doctor.
14. Who does Latimer describe as sarcastic, cynical, and unimaginative?
(b) Mrs. Archer.
(c) The servant.
(d) Mrs. Filmore.
15. What final piece of evidence does Latimer need to see before he decides if his visions are really true?
(a) The patch of rainbow light in the shape of a star on the pavement.
(b) The bridge and archway.
(c) The row of trees and multi-colored birds.
(d) The storm clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
2. What is the woman's name that comes with Mrs. Filmore to Switzerland?
3. Who is described as handsome, confident, and extremely friendly, and evidently did not feel any rivalry with Latimer?
4. Who does Latimer's new talent have no effect on?
5. When Latimer "awakens" from his vision of Prague, what does he begin to do?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)