|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Latimer in Switzerland?
(a) To see new doctors.
(b) To complete his education.
(c) To start treatment.
(d) To become a landscaper.
2. Why was the narrator's childhood happy?
(a) Because the narrator did not have supernatural powers yet.
(b) Because the narrator lived near the mountains.
(c) Because the narrator's mother was dead.
(d) Because the narrator received a horse as a present.
3. How is Latimer to die?
(a) With only his servants by his side.
(b) With only his wife by his side.
(c) Cold and alone.
(d) Surrounded by family.
4. How is the woman with Mrs. Filmore related to her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her long-lost daughter.
(d) An orphaned niece.
5. Who does Latimer enjoy traveling with?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) Charles Meunier.
(c) George Eliot.
6. Who does Latimer trust?
(a) Only Bertha.
(c) Only his father.
(d) No one.
7. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
(a) Latimer shares his understanding of isolation.
(b) They both have "the bumps".
(c) They both want to become doctors.
(d) Latimer takes pity on him.
8. Which character can see their own death?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(c) The Father.
9. Why is Latimer lonely in Switzerland?
(a) He thinks people are making fun of the bumps.
(b) He thinks people will make fun of his sensitivity.
(c) He thinks people will make fun of his accent.
(d) He gets into a lot of fights.
10. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
(b) George Eliot.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
(d) Charles Meunier.
11. What is the purpose of the introduction?
(a) Give readers a complete history on brain tumors.
(b) Tell readers about the joy of life.
(c) Give background on Mrs. Archer.
(d) Introduce readers to Latimer.
12. What is the woman's name that comes with Mrs. Filmore to Switzerland?
(a) Bertha Grant.
(b) Mrs. Archer.
(c) Bertha Filmore.
(d) Mary Filmore.
13. Whose birthday gifts does Latimer see Bertha wear to dinner?
(a) Everyones but Alfred's.
(b) Everyones but his.
(c) No ones gifts.
(d) Only his gift.
14. What does Latimer "see" in his vision of Prague?
(a) His mother.
(b) A pasture with horses and flowers.
(c) A city with a long bridge, flanked by statues of saints, over which a castle was looming.
(d) A storm approaching.
15. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The valleys and the rivers.
(b) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
(c) The wildlife.
(d) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Latimer's father take him everyday?
2. What emotion does Eliot want readers to share with Latimer?
3. What does Latimer compare his arrival in Switzerland to?
4. Why does Latimer like running water?
5. What happens after Latimer returns to the room after washing his face?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)