|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer decide to do about his first vision in regards to his third vision?
(a) Ignore them and let fate lead the way.
(b) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would ask her about her feelings.
(c) Nothing at all; he really did not believe in them.
(d) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would kill Alfred.
2. Why does Latimer's father think he was strange?
(a) He is extremely sensitive.
(b) He is extremely loud.
(c) He is very intelligent.
(d) He is very outgoing.
3. What does Latimer pray to stay with?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The unknown.
(d) His wife.
4. Why did Latimer's time in Switzerland end?
(a) He finished school.
(b) He died.
(c) His half-brother died.
(d) He contracted a severe illness.
5. During his death, Latimer thinks of what natural images?
(a) Ocean, sharks, and storm clouds.
(b) Mountains, rivers, and valleys.
(c) Rainbows, fish, and trees.
(d) Earth, fields, a brook, the rain, and morning light.
6. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He looks out the window.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets a vision.
7. Which character can see their own death?
(a) The Father.
(b) Mrs. Archer.
8. When Latimer "awakens" from his vision of Prague, what does he begin to do?
(a) Runs from the house.
(c) Question his mental state.
9. How does Latimer tell his story?
(a) Through dream interpretation.
(b) Through diary analysis.
(c) Through picture framing.
(d) Through flashbacks.
10. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) Mrs. Archer.
(d) Charles Meunier.
11. How does Latimer feel about what is revealed to him when he uses his second psychic ability?
(a) It makes him happy.
(b) It makes him feel loved.
(c) It revolts him.
(d) It provokes him.
12. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
(a) Reading other people's thoughts.
(b) Super strength.
(c) Ability to make others forget the past.
(d) Ability to cure illnesses.
13. How is the woman with Mrs. Filmore related to her?
(a) Her long-lost daughter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An orphaned niece.
(d) Her sister.
14. Why is Latimer in Switzerland?
(a) To start treatment.
(b) To complete his education.
(c) To become a landscaper.
(d) To see new doctors.
15. What other problems are associated with Latimer's illness?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Multiple personality disorder.
(d) Thoughts of impending death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Latimer remember Prague being like?
2. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
3. What does Latimer buy Bertha for her birthday?
4. Who is Bertha Grant engaged to?
5. What affliction did the narrator suffer from as a child?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)