|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his vision, who does Latimer ask to go find his father?
(b) Mrs. Filmore
(d) No one.
2. What does Latimer "see" in his vision of Prague?
(a) A city with a long bridge, flanked by statues of saints, over which a castle was looming.
(b) A pasture with horses and flowers.
(c) A storm approaching.
(d) His mother.
3. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
(a) Because Latimer keeps getting sick.
(b) Because Latimer cannot eat.
(c) Because Latimer has many bumps on his head.
(d) Becasue Latimer cannot sleep.
4. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) George Eliot.
(d) Charles Meunier.
5. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
6. What will the narrator die from?
(b) A brain aneurysm.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A heart attack.
7. What happens as Latimer's ability to read minds becomes stronger?
(a) He starts reading Bertha's mind.
(b) He aquires the ability to place thoughts into other's heads.
(c) He starts having more visions.
(d) He stops having visions.
8. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
(b) The Father.
(d) Mrs. Archer.
9. Why is Latimer in Switzerland?
(a) To see new doctors.
(b) To become a landscaper.
(c) To start treatment.
(d) To complete his education.
10. Who does Latimer describe as sarcastic, cynical, and unimaginative?
(a) The servant.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
(d) Mrs. Filmore.
11. What final piece of evidence does Latimer need to see before he decides if his visions are really true?
(a) The row of trees and multi-colored birds.
(b) The patch of rainbow light in the shape of a star on the pavement.
(c) The storm clouds.
(d) The bridge and archway.
12. What did Latimer enjoy reading "by the sly"?
(a) Milton, Pluto, and Descartes.
(b) James, Freud, and Moore.
(c) Poe, Chaucer, and Aristotle.
(d) Plutarch, Shakespere, and Don Quixote.
13. Why is Latimer lonely in Switzerland?
(a) He gets into a lot of fights.
(b) He thinks people will make fun of his accent.
(c) He thinks people are making fun of the bumps.
(d) He thinks people will make fun of his sensitivity.
14. Who is Bertha Grant engaged to?
(b) Mrs. Filmore's son.
(c) Latimer's father.
15. After Latimer's vision of Prague, what city does Latimer try to "see"?
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Latimer to die?
2. Who is the only person that Latimer falls in love with throughout his life?
3. What does Bertha keep on her gold chain?
4. How does Bertha treat Latimer in private?
5. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)