|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
(a) Nothing, she has no clue.
(b) The poems that he writes for her.
(c) Him fainting the first time they met.
(d) The songs that he sings to her.
2. What happens when Latimer's father agrees to take him shopping?
(a) His mother shows up instead.
(b) His father is late.
(c) His father never comes.
(d) Alfred meets him instead.
3. Where did the bond between Charles and Latimer come from?
(a) The attractiveness of both boys.
(b) A shared illness.
(c) The intellect shared between them.
(d) The community of feeling.
4. Who is described as handsome, confident, and extremely friendly, and evidently did not feel any rivalry with Latimer?
(b) Mr. Filmore.
(c) His father.
5. Why did Latimer's time in Switzerland end?
(a) He died.
(b) He contracted a severe illness.
(c) His half-brother died.
(d) He finished school.
6. What final piece of evidence does Latimer need to see before he decides if his visions are really true?
(a) The patch of rainbow light in the shape of a star on the pavement.
(b) The row of trees and multi-colored birds.
(c) The storm clouds.
(d) The bridge and archway.
7. What does Latimer decide to do about his first vision in regards to his third vision?
(a) Nothing at all; he really did not believe in them.
(b) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would kill Alfred.
(c) If his vision of Prague turned out to be true, he would ask her about her feelings.
(d) Ignore them and let fate lead the way.
8. Who is the author of The Lifted Veil?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) George Eliot.
9. What does everyone buy Bertha for her birthday?
10. During his death, Latimer thinks of what natural images?
(a) Ocean, sharks, and storm clouds.
(b) Earth, fields, a brook, the rain, and morning light.
(c) Mountains, rivers, and valleys.
(d) Rainbows, fish, and trees.
11. Who is the only person that Latimer falls in love with throughout his life?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) A servant.
(c) Mrs. Filmore.
12. When Latimer "awakens" from his vision of Prague, what does he begin to do?
(a) Runs from the house.
(c) Question his mental state.
13. Why was the narrator's childhood happy?
(a) Because the narrator's mother was dead.
(b) Because the narrator received a horse as a present.
(c) Because the narrator did not have supernatural powers yet.
(d) Because the narrator lived near the mountains.
14. Who leaves the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
(c) His father.
(d) The servants.
15. What does Latimer remember Prague being like?
(a) A cold and dark place.
(b) A patch of rainbow light on the pavement, transmitted through a colored lamp in the shape of a star.
(c) A city that brings only fear and hatred.
(d) A long row of trees with muiti-colored birds in the branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
2. When will Latimer's story be told?
3. What will the narrator die from?
4. When the narrator rings the bell during the last moments of life, who comes in to help?
5. What happens after Latimer returns to the room after washing his face?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)