Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Introduction
1. What kind of writing is The Lifted Veil?
2. Who is the author of The Lifted Veil?
3. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
4. Which character can see their own death?
5. What is the purpose of the introduction?
Introduce readers to Latimer.
6. What is the affliction that the narrator suffers from?
7. The narrator will die within what time period?
8. What will the narrator die from?
A heart attack.
9. When the narrator rings the bell during the last moments of life, who comes in to help?
10. Where is the narrator sitting during the last moments of life?
At a desk.
11. What purpose does Latimer give to his life before he dies?
Writing down the story of his life.
This section contains 2,581 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)