|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Decline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time will Latimer begin to feel his impending death come?
(a) Ten o'clock a.m.
(d) Ten o'clock p.m.
2. What sorrow finally allowed Latimer to feel sympathy towards his father?
(a) The sorrow of love lost.
(b) The sorrow of winter.
(c) The sorrow of old age.
(d) The sorrow of death.
3. What age was the narrator when his mother died?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Seven or eight.
(d) Nine or ten.
4. After their marriage, why does Latimer wish to read Bertha's mind?
(a) He wants to know if she still plans on running away.
(b) He wants to know if she still loves Alfred.
(c) He wants to know if she cares about what he does for her.
(d) He wants to know if what he does pleases her.
5. Where does Latimer's father take him everyday?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the doctor.
(c) To poetry readings.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Latimer's father's death, Latimer finds out what Bertha really think about him. What does she think about Latimer?
2. Who makes fun of Latimer's poetic nature and ridicules his favorite poems?
3. What does Bertha hope Latimer will do so that their marriage will end?
4. After their marriage, why are Bertha and Latimer rarely alone?
5. After marrying Bertha, why does Latimer feel coldness from her?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)