|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Decline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning home from his walk with Bertha, what does Latimer learn?
(a) That Bertha's plan to run away has been found out.
(b) That his father has died.
(c) That Alfred found out about the talk to Bertha.
(d) That his brother, Alfred, has died.
2. Bertha tells Latimer that two of their servants are to be married. What does Bertha tell Latimer after the marriage announcement?
(a) She is leaving him.
(b) She has hired a new maid.
(c) Alfred is alive.
(d) Her aunt has died.
3. What happens to Latimer's father shortly after Latimer's marriage to Bertha?
(a) His health begins to decline.
(b) He begins to spend more time with Latimer.
(c) He leaves the home to Bertha and Latimer and moves into a nursing home.
(d) He regrets the match he has made and drowns himself.
4. How is the woman with Mrs. Filmore related to her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An orphaned niece.
(d) Her long-lost daughter.
5. What does Bertha enjoy doing in regards to others?
(a) She enjoys causing pain to others.
(b) She thinks she is below everyone else and, therefore, does nothing.
(c) She enjoys helping others as much as she can.
(d) She does not have time to worry about those around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Latimer choose this specific gift for Bertha's birthday?
2. How is Latimer to die?
3. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
4. How does Latimer's father think the marriage will change Latimer?
5. After his vision, who does Latimer ask to go find his father?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)