|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Decline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character can see their own death?
(c) Mrs. Archer.
(d) The Father.
2. What does Latimer buy Bertha for her birthday?
(a) A ruby.
(b) An opal.
(c) A mink wrap.
(d) A book by Shakespeare.
3. What sorrow finally allowed Latimer to feel sympathy towards his father?
(a) The sorrow of death.
(b) The sorrow of love lost.
(c) The sorrow of winter.
(d) The sorrow of old age.
4. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
(a) A storm with very strong winds and hail.
(b) His mother, Mrs. Archer, and an older blonde woman.
(c) A city bathed in light by a rainbow.
(d) His father, Mrs. Filmore, and a young blonde woman.
5. Why does Latimer's father think he was strange?
(a) He is very outgoing.
(b) He is extremely loud.
(c) He is very intelligent.
(d) He is extremely sensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bertha tells Latimer that two of their servants are to be married. What does Bertha tell Latimer after the marriage announcement?
2. What does Bertha carry into the library fulfilling an earlier vision?
3. What question does Latimer ask Bertha about their marriage?
4. What purpose does Latimer give to his life before he dies?
5. The narrator will die within what time period?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)