|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when his father begins to speak during Latimer's second vision?
(a) Everyone dies.
(b) Everyone disappears.
(c) Latimer faints.
(d) His mother comes back to life.
2. How does Latimer see the relationship between him and his father changing after the death?
(a) The death formed a bond brought on by shared sorrow.
(b) They both apologize for how they acted in the past.
(c) The death created even more hatred between them.
(d) It does not change their relationship.
3. What is the purpose of the introduction?
(a) Introduce readers to Latimer.
(b) Give readers a complete history on brain tumors.
(c) Give background on Mrs. Archer.
(d) Tell readers about the joy of life.
4. After Latimer's vision of Prague, what city does Latimer try to "see"?
(b) New Zealand.
5. How does Latimer tell his story?
(a) Through dream interpretation.
(b) Through diary analysis.
(c) Through flashbacks.
(d) Through picture framing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room during Latimer's vision of Prague?
2. Why does Latimer believe that Bertha will marry him and not Alfred?
3. Who is a poor orphan with a genius for medical studies and a passion for science?
4. Why do Latimer and Charles get along so well?
5. Why does George Eliot give Latimer psychic powers?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)