|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will never marry Alfred?
(a) Because she is very sick and will not make it to the wedding day.
(b) Because their engagement is not formal.
(c) Because she loves their father.
(d) Because she is already secretly married.
2. What does Latimer compare his arrival in Switzerland to?
(a) The gates of hell.
(b) The worst moments of his life.
(c) His homeland.
(d) The entrance to heaven.
3. Why does Latimer choose this specific gift for Bertha's birthday?
(a) He knew she loves Shakespeare.
(b) He could only afford the wrap and not the coat.
(c) It was expensive.
(d) It has deep symbolic meaning.
4. How does Latimer feel about what is revealed to him when he uses his second psychic ability?
(a) It makes him feel loved.
(b) It revolts him.
(c) It makes him happy.
(d) It provokes him.
5. What does Latimer buy Bertha for her birthday?
(a) An opal.
(b) A mink wrap.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A book by Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another reason that Latimer does not think the wedding will take place?
2. What does Latimer regret telling Bertha during their walk prior to Alfred's death?
3. What does Latimer read in secret?
4. What does Latimer's father do for a living?
5. What is another reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will not marry Alfred?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)