|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator rings the bell during the last moments of life, who comes in to help?
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
2. Does Latimer ask Bertha about her feelings for him prior to the wedding plans?
(a) Yes, she feels the same ansd now they (Latimer and Bertha) are engaged.
(b) Yes, she feels the same for him, but can't marry him.
(c) No, she asked him how he felt first.
(d) No, he never asked her.
3. Who is a poor orphan with a genius for medical studies and a passion for science?
(a) Charles Meunier.
(b) George Eliot.
(c) Mrs. Archer.
4. What does Bertha believe will ruin her marriage?
(a) Latimer's father.
5. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
(b) The wildlife.
(c) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
(d) The valleys and the rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
2. Where does Alfred invite Latimer to go because it is "the finest thing in the world for low spirits"?
3. After Latimer's vision of Prague, what city does Latimer try to "see"?
4. After their marriage, what functions do Latimer and Bertha attend regularly?
5. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)