|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
(c) The Father.
(d) Mrs. Archer.
2. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
3. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He has a seizure.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He gets a vision.
(d) He looks out the window.
4. What time of year does Bertha get married?
(a) Summer (July).
(b) Spring (April).
(c) Winter (January).
(d) Fall (October).
5. After their marriage, why are Bertha's thoughts still a mystery?
(a) Latimer still cannot read her mind.
(b) She refuses to talk to him at all.
(c) She has learned about his ability and learned how to block it.
(d) She has left and Latimer does not know where she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Latimer's father is late for their shopping trip, Latimer has another vision. What does Latimer see in this vision?
2. What purpose does Latimer give to his life before he dies?
3. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
4. Why does Latimer resent Alfred's invitations to accompany him anywhere?
5. What does Bertha believe will ruin her marriage?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)