|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Changes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects are private tutors hired to teach Latimer?
(a) Math and geometry.
(b) Natural science, history, and modern language.
(c) Art and music.
(d) Literature and writing.
2. Who is a poor orphan with a genius for medical studies and a passion for science?
(b) Mrs. Archer.
(c) George Eliot.
(d) Charles Meunier.
3. The first-person narrator and the main character of the story is _________.
(a) Mrs. Archer.
(b) The Father.
4. What will the narrator die from?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A brain aneurysm.
5. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He looks out the window.
(c) He gets a vision.
(d) He has a seizure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Latimer examined by a phrenologist?
2. At what age does Latimer go to Switzerland?
3. Who does Latimer meet in Switzerland?
4. What image is Latimer obsessed with?
5. When Latimer "awakens" from his vision of Prague, what does he begin to do?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)