|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Decline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bertha, what will cause arguments in her marriage?
(c) Mrs. Filmore.
2. What happens to Latimer's "powers" during Mrs. Archer's stay?
(a) They could only be used on certain people again.
(b) They stayed the same.
(c) They began to get stronger.
(d) They began to weaken.
3. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The valleys and the rivers.
(b) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
(c) The wildlife.
(d) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
4. Who is the only person that Latimer falls in love with throughout his life?
(a) Mrs. Filmore.
(b) A servant.
(d) Mrs. Archer.
5. When is the wedding between Alfred and Bertha to take place?
(a) The following fall.
(b) The following winter.
(c) The following summer.
(d) The following spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator's childhood happy?
2. What is Latimer's second psychic ability?
3. Why did Latimer's time in Switzerland end?
4. What happens to Latimer when his father is talking about the places they will go visit in the chapter, "Changes"?
5. What happens to Latimer's father shortly after Latimer's marriage to Bertha?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)