|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Decline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was the narrator when his mother died?
(a) Four or five.
(c) Seven or eight.
(d) Nine or ten.
2. How does Latimer tell his story?
(a) Through dream interpretation.
(b) Through flashbacks.
(c) Through diary analysis.
(d) Through picture framing.
3. What causes Latimer's love interest to think that he loves her?
(a) Nothing, she has no clue.
(b) The songs that he sings to her.
(c) The poems that he writes for her.
(d) Him fainting the first time they met.
4. Who is Bertha Grant engaged to?
(c) Latimer's father.
(d) Mrs. Filmore's son.
5. After returning home from his walk with Bertha, what does Latimer learn?
(a) That Bertha's plan to run away has been found out.
(b) That his brother, Alfred, has died.
(c) That Alfred found out about the talk to Bertha.
(d) That his father has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Latimer's "powers" during Mrs. Archer's stay?
2. What does Latimer's father's sorrow crush in him?
3. Does Latimer ask Bertha about her feelings for him prior to the wedding plans?
4. How many months after the death are Latimer and Bertha married?
5. Whose favorite did Mrs. Archer become?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)