|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The valleys and the rivers.
(b) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
(c) The wildlife.
(d) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
2. At what age does Latimer go to Switzerland?
3. After their marriage, why are Bertha's thoughts still a mystery?
(a) She has left and Latimer does not know where she is.
(b) She refuses to talk to him at all.
(c) Latimer still cannot read her mind.
(d) She has learned about his ability and learned how to block it.
4. Where did the bond between Charles and Latimer come from?
(a) The intellect shared between them.
(b) The community of feeling.
(c) A shared illness.
(d) The attractiveness of both boys.
5. What time of year does Bertha get married?
(a) Spring (April).
(b) Summer (July).
(c) Winter (January).
(d) Fall (October).
Short Answer Questions
1. What subjects are private tutors hired to teach Latimer?
2. What happens to Latimer while everyone is visiting Lichtenberg Palace?
3. What age was the narrator when his mother died?
4. What is another reason that Latimer thinks Bertha will not marry Alfred?
5. What does Latimer's father do for a living?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)