|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Latimer's father's secret help Latimer and Bertha to do?
(a) Take their place in society.
(b) Get the divorce they both want.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Run away and start a new life.
2. What time of year does Bertha get married?
(a) Spring (April).
(b) Winter (January).
(c) Summer (July).
(d) Fall (October).
3. What does Latimer read in secret?
(a) Music books.
4. After their marriage, why are Bertha's thoughts still a mystery?
(a) She refuses to talk to him at all.
(b) She has learned about his ability and learned how to block it.
(c) She has left and Latimer does not know where she is.
(d) Latimer still cannot read her mind.
5. What does Latimer compare to his mother's love?
(a) The trees, the stars, and the flowers.
(b) The valleys and the rivers.
(c) The sky, mountain tops, and the blue water.
(d) The wildlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday gifts does Latimer see Bertha wear to dinner?
2. Why does Latimer initially fall in love with his only love?
3. What does Latimer compare his arrival in Switzerland to?
4. What does everyone buy Bertha for her birthday?
5. How does Latimer's father think the marriage will change Latimer?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)