Chapter 1, Introduction
* Latimer, an Englishman, narrates this story.
* Latimer suffers from angina pectoris, which allows him to see the future.
* Latimer has foreseen his own death- a heart attack while sitting at his desk.
* The purpose of Latimer's writing is to tell his life story during the last month of his life.
Chapter 1, Childhood
* Latimer's mother adores him and keeps him by her side at all times, up to her death.
* Latimer's father finds him odd and keeps him at a distance.
* Latimer's half-brother, Alfred, has not been home, but away at school during Latimer's childhood.
* At sixteen, Latimer's father sends him to Switzerland for schooling after having the bumps on his head examined.
Chapter 1, Changes
* Latimer begins to have visions of unknown cities.
* Latimer begins to question his mental state.
* Latimer has a vision of a new person (Bertha).
* Latimer gains a new power- reading minds. (Except...
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)