|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Cora famous?
2. Who does Roderick ask to go with him outside in Chapter 8 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
3. What is the name of the hotel Bertie and Jeeves stay in at Bingley-on-Sea?
4. What is Cora's surname?
5. In which city does Chapter 9 of "The Inimitable Jeeves" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered when Mrs. Wilberforce comes to have lunch at Bertie's flat?
2. What does Roberta ask Bertie and Jeeves to do so she can sneak Clementina back into school?
3. What problem does Bingo face in Chapter 11 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
4. How does Bertie make a mess of his attempt to get even with Tuppy in Chapter 3 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"? Why does Jeeves say this mistake is a stroke of luck?
5. What does Steggles do to sabotage Bingo's Christmas show?
6. How does Jeeves get Bertie out of trouble with a constable at the end of Chapter 7 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
7. What problem faces Bingo in Chapter 9 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
8. What does Bertie discover when he returns to London from Paris in Chapter 6 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
9. How does Bertie intend to make Tuppy look bad at the concert in Chapter 4 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
10. Why does Aunt Dahlia have an interest in the outcome of Mr. Anstruther's Good Conduct competition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the collection? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who and why? In what tone are these deceptions written? Give examples from the book to help support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pursuit of love in Wodehouse's collection "Life with Jeeves." Is the pursuit of love a focus of the book? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)