|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, in what event has Tuppy volunteered to participate?
2. What does the party lead by Bingo go to observe at Lakenham?
3. What is Miss Dagleish an avid enthusiast for?
4. What title has Bingo's uncle earned by the time Bertie returns to London?
5. Where has Bertie accepted an invitation to spend Christmas in Chapter 2 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves get Bertie out of trouble with a constable at the end of Chapter 7 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
2. When Bertie returns from lunching at his club in Chapter 5, what does he discover Roberta has done?
3. What problem does Bingo face in Chapter 11 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
4. What does Roberta ask Bertie and Jeeves to do so she can sneak Clementina back into school?
5. What career had Cyril planned to pursue, and what does he end up doing instead?
6. After getting married, what does Bingo discover about his bride? How does Jeeves solve the issue of Bingo and Bertie's deception of Lord Bittlesham in Chapter 18 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
7. Why does Aunt Dahlia have an interest in the outcome of Mr. Anstruther's Good Conduct competition?
8. Why does Bertie jump at the chance to get to know Cyril Bassington-Bassington?
9. How does Tuppy get a black eye in Chapter 4 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
10. Who has Tuppy fallen in love with after having an argument with Angela? What does Tuppy want to give his new love for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Life with Jeeves." How is friendship depicted in the collection? What are some examples of friendship? Support your conclusions with two or three examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Life with Jeeves." What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Life with Jeeves," P.G. Wodehouse. How does this collection reflect his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)