|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie run into Bingo Little?
2. What work does the woman whom Bingo loves do?
3. What does Bertie hope to achieve by criticizing Tuppy in Chapter 13 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
4. Which of the following characters did NOT interrupt Tuppy's midnight snack?
5. Where does Bertie go after ringing the fire bell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie tell Tuppy to do to show that he is lovelorn and suffering without Angela?
2. What happens when Jeeves and Bertie unlock the door to let Tuppy into Bertie's room in Chapter 18 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
3. How did Dahlia lose the money given to her for her magazine? How does Bertie suggest Dahlia gets her husband's sympathy?
4. What do the Hemingways appeal to Bertie for help with in Chapter 4 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
5. What does Bingo Little ask Bertie to help him do in Chapter 1 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
6. What goes wrong after Bertie rings the fire bell?
7. In Chapter 3 of "Right Ho, Jeeves," what does Bertie's aunt want him to do? How does Bertie communicate with his aunt?
8. Describe Gussie's disastrous night in Chapter 5 of "Right Ho, Jeeves."
9. What plan do Bertie and Bingo come up with to appeal to Honoria Glossop?
10. How does Bertie get out of helping his aunt give out prizes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Wodehouse's use of foreshadowing in the collection "Life with Jeeves." What does he foreshadow throughout the collection? How does this affect the reader's experience and tone of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "Life with Jeeves." What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some examples of this genre?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)