|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angela appear carrying for Tuppy in Chapter 15 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
2. In Chapter 21 of "Right Ho, Jeeves," who is to be at the neighboring estate?
3. What does Bertie's aunt threaten him with in order to get his help?
4. What does Jeeves say was the only thing Gussie was able to talk about with Madeline?
5. How does Bertie communicate with his aunt in Chapter 3 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of "Right Ho, Jeeves," what does Bertie's aunt want him to do? How does Bertie communicate with his aunt?
2. What event does Gussie plan to attend and how does he feel about going?
3. What goes wrong after Bertie rings the fire bell?
4. In Chapter 18 of "Right Ho, Jeeves," who does Tuppy believe stole Angela's affections?
5. What happens when Bertie starts to criticize Tuppy in front of Angela?
6. How does Bertie reassure Gussie when he worries about being the prize giver?
7. What happens when Jeeves and Bertie unlock the door to let Tuppy into Bertie's room in Chapter 18 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
8. What does Angela admit in Chapter 19 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"?
9. What does Tuppy become convinced of in Chapter 15 of "Right Ho, Jeeves"? How does Bertie dissuade Tuppy of his suspicions?
10. What plan do Bertie and Bingo come up with to appeal to Honoria Glossop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret Jeeves' character. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster in the collection? Give examples from the book to help support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the secondary characters of the collection. What are similarities and differences between the characters? Does Wodehouse pay attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonists instead?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss schemes in the collection, "Life with Jeeves." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic or a serious tone?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)