|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Gestapo closes down Bonhoeffer's seminary and forbids him to teach, what does he do?
(a) He becomes involved in a plot to overthrow Hitler.
(b) He goes into hiding.
(c) He joins the Nazi Party.
(d) He becomes a secret agent for the Allies.
2. What did Bonhoeffer believe that the reading of Scripture helps teach?
(a) Literacy and self-discipline.
(b) Doctrine and religious asceticism.
(c) Love for our fellow man and an appreciation for all religions.
(d) Man's history primarily for the sake of salvation.
3. How does Bonhoeffer say that Christians should receive each other?
(a) According to their position in the church and community.
(b) According to their social standing, power, and influence.
(c) According to their education, talent, and abilities.
(d) In reverence, humility and joy as they would Jesus Himself.
4. Who schedules the entire day at the seminary?
(a) The seminarians.
(b) Jesus Christ.
5. Bonhoeffer firmly believed that a brotherhood is bound together by:
(d) Shared possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term "Word of God" can be applied to which two elements of Christianity?
2. According to Bonhoeffer, an activity within a Christian community that is not of Jesus Christ is based on what?
3. Christians see Bonhoeffer as having died for his faith. What term is applied to this?
4. When the day's work was completed, what happened at Bonhoeffer's seminary?
5. What was Bonhoeffer's claim about singing that is not directed towards God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the prison guards treat Bonhoeffer?
2. What does the book of Genesis describe?
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the best way for a Christian to accomplish his work? Why?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what do the books of the Bible between Genesis and Apocalypse describe?
5. What was the purpose of the monument to Bonhoeffer erected by pastors in Bavaria, Germany, ten years after his death?
6. What, according to Bonhoeffer, is a Christian's source of guilt or innocence?
7. What does the book of Apocalypse (also known as Revelation) describe?
8. Why does Bonhoeffer say that a Christian community is different from any other form of human community?
9. Why does Bonhoeffer become involved in plans to overthrow Hitler?
10. According to Bonhoeffer, as an adult Christian reads the Bible daily, what should happen?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)