Short Answer Key
1. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
2. Why did Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
To take charge of an illegal seminary.
3. What German city did Bonhoeffer return to?
4. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
5. What did Bonhoeffer do just before going leaving Germany for England?
He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for supporting Hitler.
6. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
He was leading German congregations in London.
7. What is the premise of Life Together?
The Christian practices, beliefs, and principles by which Bonhoeffer leads his seminarians in daily life together.
8. What is the overarching theme of Life Together?
An illustration of spiritual life in an illegal, secret Protestant seminary within the historical context of Nazi Germany, 1935-1945.
9. What did Bonhoeffer intend Life...
This section contains 3,218 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)