|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Confession and Communion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Bonhoeffer also introduces the concept of intercession. What is intercession?
(a) Praying for dead relatives.
(b) Praying for others' needs.
(c) Praying for one's own needs.
(d) Where two streets join.
2. According to Bonhoeffer, a daily reading of ______ is not the same as reading of the Scripture as a whole.
(a) Hitler's latest propaganda.
(b) Short verses.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Psalter.
3. If another's sin is considered to be worse to one's own, Bonhoeffer says that service to the other is not _________.
(c) Blessed by God.
4. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
(a) They were used to heal any discord or right any wrong done during the day.
(b) They were used to discipline anyone who had broken the rules that day.
(c) They were used to prove who was right and who was wrong in whatever discord had taken place that day.
(d) They were used to air grievances and build cases in ongoing disputes.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Bonhoeffer say is the best time of day for personal prayer, meditation and intercession?
(a) Late at night.
(b) At midday.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Whenever it can be fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer intend Life Together to be?
2. What did Bonhoeffer say that preparation for the Lord's Supper is filled with?
3. When did Bonhoeffer say that brotherly confession is most effective?
4. What, according to Bonhoeffer's statements in Chapter 3, does silence for its own sake bring?
5. When the day's work was completed, what happened at Bonhoeffer's seminary?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)