|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Confession and Communion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, from whom do people need evidence of forgiveness?
(b) Both God and the community.
(c) The community.
2. At which U.S. school did Bonhoeffer study Niebuhr and fall in love with American Negro spirituals?
(a) Union Theological Seminary.
(b) Princeton Seminary.
(c) Dallas Theological Seminary.
(d) Oral Roberts University.
3. How did Bonhoeffer say that one may re-establish communication with the fellowship?
(a) By making a phone call.
(b) By confessing sin.
(c) By paying a fine.
(d) By undergoing a penance ritual.
4. What did Bonhoeffer, in contrast, say is the source of spiritual love and what does it desire to do?
(a) Jesus Christ; serve Him.
(b) Jesus Christ; serve others.
(c) The universe; be in harmony with the universe.
(d) Inner peace; find Nirvana.
5. What, according to Bonhoeffer, is the ministry of proclaiming?
(a) Making one's political stance known.
(b) Making one's opinions known.
(c) Making one's faith known.
(d) Making one's nationality known.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christians see Bonhoeffer as having died for his faith. What term is applied to this?
2. What did Bonhoeffer claim is a benefit of the ministry of helpfulness?
3. What did Bonhoeffer say is a possible downside to listening, serving, and bearing that the ministry of proclaiming can help correct?
4. What did Bonhoeffer say that Jesus Christ gives his followers the authority to do in his name?
5. At the seminary, what are the first sounds of the dawn?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)