|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Confession and Communion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer belief should NOT start the day?
(a) Hymns of the Church.
(b) Concern for the day's work.
(c) Devotions of scripture reading.
(d) Prayer of the fellowship.
2. What does Bonhoeffer believe that his call from a life in exile to his present life at the seminary is?
(a) A death sentence.
(b) A gift of God's grace.
(c) A gift of God's mercy--he would have hated it in India.
(d) A mistake--he should have gone to India.
3. What did Bonhoeffer say is the source of human love? What can unfulfilled human love easily become?
(a) Desire for another; loneliness.
(b) Desire for things; greed.
(c) Desire for things; materialism.
(d) Desire for another; hatred.
4. What did Bonhoeffer decide to study at the age of sixteen?
5. In Chapter 4, by what word does Bonhoeffer refer to the rules and recommendations by which he says members of a fellowship should behave?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ministry of bearing, what, according to Bonhoeffer, does a Christian fellowship do?
2. What did Bonhoeffer believe that experiencing loneliness could do for Christians?
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the purpose of the fellowship that takes place when meals are shared at the table?
4. How does Bonhoeffer believe Christians should pray together to God?
5. At which U.S. school did Bonhoeffer study Niebuhr and fall in love with American Negro spirituals?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)