|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Confession and Communion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a spiritual community, according to Bonhoeffer?
2. According to Bonhoeffer, what does silence enable?
(a) The power of clarity, purity, and focus on the essentials.
(b) Concentration, relaxation, and the ability to study.
(c) Boredom, anxiety, and restlessness.
(d) Irritation, anger, and failure of the community to bond.
3. How did Bonhoeffer view Christian fellowship?
(a) A gift of love; a promise.
(b) An unalienable right; a promise.
(c) A gift of grace; a privilege.
(d) A gift of faith; a privilege.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the Holy Spirit's purpose?
(a) To put belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior into Christians' hearts.
(b) To bring peace to the world.
(c) To resolve the conflicts that inevitably develop in Christian communities.
(d) To bring unity among all the world's religions.
5. Does Bonhoeffer say that an individual is lonely while meditating?
(a) Yes, meditation is lonely.
(b) It depends on the individual.
(c) Sometimes, meditation can be lonely.
(d) No, meditation is not lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of how many children?
2. According to what Bonhoeffer says in Chapter 4, how do the brethren receive fellow sinners in the fellowship of Jesus Christ?
3. What expression does Bonhoeffer use to describe the sinner moving forward to another level of community understanding?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, the ministry of listening is the ministry of:
5. What did Bonhoeffer say that preparation for the Lord's Supper is filled with?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)