|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bonhoeffer's writings boil down to which following Scriptural statement?
(a) Christ's call is to come and serve others.
(b) Christ's call is to be peaceful and not offend.
(c) Christ's call is to come and die.
(d) Christ's call is to unity and reconciliation.
2. How does Bonhoeffer believe Christians should pray together to God?
(a) In their own words (free prayer).
(b) Using only passages of Scripture that are appropriate.
(c) Using only pre-written, scripted prayers authorized by the Church.
(d) Silently, never out loud.
3. Why did Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
(a) To join the Nazi Party.
(b) To take charge of an illegal seminary.
(c) To run a secret hospital for Jews.
(d) To pastor an underground church.
4. What metaphor did Bonhoeffer use to illustrate how a fellowship can be injured?
(a) The telephone game.
(b) A sick and infected physical body.
(c) Trying to carry something too heavy for you.
(d) The cycle of unemployment, poverty, and welfare.
5. In which concentration camp was Bonhoeffer executed, on April 9, 1945?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Bonhoeffer say is the best time of day for personal prayer, meditation and intercession?
2. Bonhoeffer says that one truly becomes a brother only if:
3. What was Bonhoeffer's daily reading/listening recommendation for devotions?
4. Which of the following is a true statement about what Christians can expect regarding being able to spend time in person with other Christians?
5. At the seminary, what are the first sounds of the dawn?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)