|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jesus Christ.
2. Bonhoeffer stated that "One can either believe or see, but faith has no need to see in order to ________. Seeing does not need to believe in order to see."
3. Upon what does the ministry of authority depend?
(b) Brotherly service.
(c) The seminary leader being well-qualified for the job.
(d) Enforcing the laws.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what happens when one receives God's mercy?
(a) A desire to serve oneself.
(b) A desire to serve others.
(c) A desire to serve God.
(d) A desire to serve the community.
5. What does Bonhoeffer say about the law of Christ, which he believes is fulfilled in the cross?
(a) Christians must share in it just as they bear each other's burdens.
(b) Christians can never live up to it.
(c) The law of Christ has no relationship to bearing one another's burdens.
(d) It frees Christians from the need to support each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which German city did Bonhoeffer grow up?
2. Based on what Bonhoeffer says in Chapter 4, which of the elements of personal devotional time that he described in Chapter 3 tie in with the ministry of bearing?
3. At which U.S. school did Bonhoeffer study Niebuhr and fall in love with American Negro spirituals?
4. Which Bible characters does Bonhoeffer present in Chapter 3 as examples of life alone?
5. What is the last book of the Bible?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)