|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1939, what does Dietrich Bonhoeffer commit himself to supporting?
(a) His former seminarians.
(b) The Allies.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Church and the Resistance movement.
2. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
(a) The brother.
(b) The enemy.
(c) Christ and His Word.
(d) God the Father.
3. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
(a) They were used to heal any discord or right any wrong done during the day.
(b) They were used to prove who was right and who was wrong in whatever discord had taken place that day.
(c) They were used to discipline anyone who had broken the rules that day.
(d) They were used to air grievances and build cases in ongoing disputes.
4. Bonhoeffer believed in the Christian doctrine of a triune God. What is the definition of this doctrine?
(a) Three separate Gods.
(b) Three persons in one God.
(c) One God, that takes on three different modes.
(d) One God, that has appeared in three different manifestations throughout time.
5. What does the noontime break remind the community members, according to Bonhoeffer?
(a) Their work does not provide daily bread; it is God's gift of grace.
(b) Their work provides their daily bread; they need to work even harder.
(c) Their work does not provide daily bread; they need to be grateful to Bonhoeffer for sheltering them.
(d) Their work provides their daily bread; they need to thank God that they have jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer say in Chapter 4 that we must remember about other members of the community in which we live?
2. What did Bonhoeffer say about one's ability to keep one's thoughts on track and focus during meditation?
3. What Bonhoeffer's purpose in writing Chapter 1?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, a daily reading of ______ is not the same as reading of the Scripture as a whole.
5. How did Bonhoeffer compare the ministry of listening to speaking?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)