|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer do after the Nazis forbid him to teach, write, or publish?
(a) He continues to teach, write, and publish in defiance of the Nazi ban, traveling throughout Germany to do so.
(b) He flees to the United States and takes classes at Union Theological Seminary.
(c) He complies with the order and travels throughout Germany encouraging other Christians to do the same.
(d) He flees the country and takes a pastorate in England.
2. In Chapter 2, Bonhoeffer makes the following statement: "The Christian understands that the burden and labor of the day gives meaning to ______."
3. In which German city did Bonhoeffer grow up?
4. What does Bonhoeffer belief should NOT start the day?
(a) Prayer of the fellowship.
(b) Hymns of the Church.
(c) Devotions of scripture reading.
(d) Concern for the day's work.
5. Bonhoeffer noted two evidences that one's personal time spent in prayer, meditation and intercession had put that person in real contact with the strengthening and purifying power of God. One of the reasons is listed below; indicate it:
(a) What the person wears.
(b) The environment of the person's workaday world.
(c) The nature of the person's relationships throughout the day.
(d) What the person chooses to do for recreational time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Bonhoeffer say is the best time of day for personal prayer, meditation and intercession?
2. What metaphor did Bonhoeffer use to illustrate how a fellowship can be injured?
3. What German city did Bonhoeffer return to?
4. What does Bonhoeffer call work?
5. What did Bonhoeffer decide to study at the age of sixteen?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)