|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, an activity within a Christian community that is not of Jesus Christ is based on what?
(a) Human self.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
2. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
(a) The whole community.
(b) The Holy Spirit.
(c) Stronger individuals.
3. According to Bonhoeffer, solitude and silence are __________ to the individual and to the community.
(a) Not essential.
4. What did Bonhoeffer say causes injury to a fellowship?
(b) Not working hard enough.
(c) Every sin in thought, word, or deed.
(d) Not engaging in intercession for each other.
5. What does Bonhoeffer do after the Nazis forbid him to teach, write, or publish?
(a) He continues to teach, write, and publish in defiance of the Nazi ban, traveling throughout Germany to do so.
(b) He flees the country and takes a pastorate in England.
(c) He complies with the order and travels throughout Germany encouraging other Christians to do the same.
(d) He flees to the United States and takes classes at Union Theological Seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Bonhoeffer's statements in Chapter 3, does silence for its own sake bring?
2. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
3. What did Bonhoeffer say is the source of human love? What can unfulfilled human love easily become?
4. What does Bonhoeffer belief should NOT start the day?
5. What did Bonhoeffer say that personal time for meditation, prayer, and intercession should be considered?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)