|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
(b) Stronger individuals.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
(d) The whole community.
2. When the day's work was completed, what happened at Bonhoeffer's seminary?
(a) An evening meal, then either television, movies, or board games.
(b) An evening meal, then the seminarians went to bed.
(c) An evening meal, then the seminarians went out on the town.
(d) The evening meal, then evening songs, prayers, and devotions.
3. Bonhoeffer's ideas are not susceptible to rigorous rational examination and do not make sense without belief in _____.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what does the community rest in while it sleeps?
(a) Security and safety.
(b) The power of evil.
(c) The hands of God.
(d) Either the hands of God or the power of evil.
5. What is the first book of the Bible?
(c) Apocalypse (Revelation).
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bonhoeffer's daily reading/listening recommendation for devotions?
2. How many times each day does Bonhoeffer say a Christian in community should spend time alone in silence?
3. What did Bonhoeffer say that personal time for meditation, prayer, and intercession should be considered?
4. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
5. How does Bonhoeffer say that Christians should receive each other?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)