|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, whose responsibility is it to pray for intercession?
(a) A pastor's.
(b) Every Christian.
(c) A parent's.
(d) A nun's.
2. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
(a) He was seeking asylum.
(b) He was furthering his education.
(c) He was taking a sabbatical.
(d) He was leading German congregations in London.
3. What did Bonhoeffer say that personal time for meditation, prayer, and intercession should be considered?
(a) A burden.
(b) A privilege.
(c) A right.
(d) An option.
4. What is the first book of the Bible?
(b) Apocalypse (Revelation).
5. What did Bonhoeffer believe that experiencing loneliness could do for Christians?
(a) It could discourage them and cause them to give up their faith.
(b) It enables them to recognize the presence of Christ in each other.
(c) It could make them loners, unwilling to properly participate in church life.
(d) It enables them to recognize each other in the presence of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term "Word of God" can be applied to which two elements of Christianity?
2. How many times each day does Bonhoeffer say a Christian in community should spend time alone in silence?
3. What was Bonhoeffer's daily reading/listening recommendation for devotions?
4. At the seminary, what are the first sounds of the dawn?
5. What did Bonhoeffer say causes injury to a fellowship?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)