|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Day with Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, the Christian community must learn to thank God daily for _____ things before learning to appreciate great things.
2. At what time do the seminary's daily devotions begin?
(b) Ten o'clock.
3. How does Bonhoeffer believe that is it possible for Christians to remain together spiritually, even when scattered throughout the world?
(a) It is possible through e-mails and instant messages.
(b) It is possible through God the Father.
(c) It is possible through the Holy Spirit.
(d) It is possible through Jesus Christ.
4. After the morning meal, what is the next event in a typical day at the seminary and how long does it last?
(a) Recreational time; until evening.
(b) Private devotions; until lunch.
(c) Naptime; until lunch.
(d) The day's work; until evening.
5. In Chapter 2, Bonhoeffer makes the following statement: "The Christian understands that the burden and labor of the day gives meaning to ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer, in contrast, say is the source of spiritual love and what does it desire to do?
2. What was Bonhoeffer's claim about singing that is not directed towards God?
3. What did Bonhoeffer do just before going leaving Germany for England?
4. What did Bonhoeffer believe that human egos did to human relationships, without Christ's mediating influence?
5. At the seminary, what are the first sounds of the dawn?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)