|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Day with Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, the Christian community must learn to thank God daily for _____ things before learning to appreciate great things.
2. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a human community, according to Bonhoeffer?
3. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
(a) They were used to prove who was right and who was wrong in whatever discord had taken place that day.
(b) They were used to discipline anyone who had broken the rules that day.
(c) They were used to heal any discord or right any wrong done during the day.
(d) They were used to air grievances and build cases in ongoing disputes.
4. Who is arrested along with Bonhoeffer in 1943?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His sister and brother.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) His sister and brother-in-law.
5. Bonhoeffer claimed that a Christian community is a ______ reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe that the reading of Scripture helps teach?
2. What Bonhoeffer's purpose in writing Chapter 1?
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the third element that defines a Christian fellowship?
4. How does Bonhoeffer believe that is it possible for Christians to remain together spiritually, even when scattered throughout the world?
5. What did Bonhoeffer, in contrast, say is the source of spiritual love and what does it desire to do?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)