|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Day with Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer do just before going leaving Germany for England?
(a) He publicly criticized Hitler in a radio broadcast for not moving faster to make the Third Reich a reality.
(b) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for not supporting Hitler.
(c) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for supporting Hitler.
(d) He publicly criticized the Allies in a radio broadcast for remaining neutral while Hitler gained power.
2. What does Bonhoeffer say pastors and congregants should do about the community they find themselves in?
(a) Complain and gossip about their fellow believers every chance they get.
(b) Examine themselves and thank God for a chance to grow.
(c) Make as many friends as possible and form a network of cliques.
(d) Analyze their fellow believers and help them fix all their problems.
3. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
(a) He was leading German congregations in London.
(b) He was taking a sabbatical.
(c) He was furthering his education.
(d) He was seeking asylum.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the purpose of the fellowship that takes place when meals are shared at the table?
(a) It is a chance to gorge oneself and establish one's position in the seminary.
(b) It is a chance to win the favor of Bonhoeffer by volunteering to do extra work around the seminary.
(c) It is an occasion to rejoice and celebrate the working day.
(d) It is an occasion to get nourishment and complain about how hard life is.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, how are Christ's followers gathered together as the worldwide Body of Christ while on Earth?
(a) Spiritually and physically.
(b) Spiritually and mentally.
(c) Spiritually and invisibly.
(d) Spiritually and visibly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe was the secret of the Psalter?
2. What does the noontime break remind the community members, according to Bonhoeffer?
3. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a human community, according to Bonhoeffer?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what is work a cure for?
5. To Bonhoeffer, what do the times of day and night symbolize?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)