|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Day with Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer intend Life Together to be?
(a) An autobiography of Bonhoeffer's life.
(b) The Christian practices, beliefs, and principles by which Bonhoeffer leads his seminarians in daily life together.
(c) A guide to the daily spiritual devotions of the seminary's community life.
(d) An illustration of spiritual life in an illegal, secret Protestant seminary within the historical context of Nazi Germany, 1935-1945.
2. What is the first book of the Bible?
(a) Apocalypse (Revelation).
3. After the morning meal, what is the next event in a typical day at the seminary and how long does it last?
(a) Naptime; until lunch.
(b) The day's work; until evening.
(c) Recreational time; until evening.
(d) Private devotions; until lunch.
4. What did Bonhoeffer do just before going leaving Germany for England?
(a) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for not supporting Hitler.
(b) He publicly criticized Hitler in a radio broadcast for not moving faster to make the Third Reich a reality.
(c) He publicly criticized the Allies in a radio broadcast for remaining neutral while Hitler gained power.
(d) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for supporting Hitler.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
(a) The Holy Spirit.
(b) The whole community.
(c) Stronger individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became one of Bonhoeffer's teachers?
2. How does Bonhoeffer believe Christians should pray together to God?
3. Which of the following is a true statement about what Christians can expect regarding being able to spend time in person with other Christians?
4. In which German city did Bonhoeffer grow up?
5. What Bonhoeffer's purpose in writing Chapter 1?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)