|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Day with Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Psalter?
(a) The seminary's hymnbook.
(b) The Book of Psalms arranged for devotional use.
(c) The container in which the seminary's supply of salt was stored.
(d) Another name for the Book of Proverbs.
2. Who schedules the entire day at the seminary?
(b) The seminarians.
(c) Jesus Christ.
3. Ten years after Bonhoeffer's death, what event takes place in commemoration of his sacrifice?
(a) Bavarian pastors erect a monument in his honor.
(b) The Pope canonizes him.
(c) He is awarded a posthumous Nobel prize.
(d) His seminary re-opens in Finkenwalde.
4. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
(a) He was furthering his education.
(b) He was leading German congregations in London.
(c) He was seeking asylum.
(d) He was taking a sabbatical.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, a daily reading of ______ is not the same as reading of the Scripture as a whole.
(a) Hitler's latest propaganda.
(b) Short verses.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Psalter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Life Together, Bonhoeffer publishes two additional books before which following event happens?
2. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
3. What was the title of Bonhoeffer's doctoral thesis and dissertation?
4. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
5. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)