|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
(c) The United States.
2. Who signed the execution order that authorized Bonhoeffer's execution?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Hermann Goering.
(c) Albert Speer.
(d) Heinrich Himmler.
3. What German city did Bonhoeffer return to?
4. After Life Together, Bonhoeffer publishes two additional books before which following event happens?
(a) He is thrown into prison.
(b) Hitler dies.
(c) The seminary is closed.
(d) The government forbids him to write or publish.
5. Ten years after Bonhoeffer's death, what event takes place in commemoration of his sacrifice?
(a) His seminary re-opens in Finkenwalde.
(b) The Pope canonizes him.
(c) He is awarded a posthumous Nobel prize.
(d) Bavarian pastors erect a monument in his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer claimed that a Christian community is a ______ reality.
2. What did Bonhoeffer intend Life Together to be?
3. What did Bonhoeffer believe was special about Jesus Christ?
4. Christians see Bonhoeffer as having died for his faith. What term is applied to this?
5. On April 8, 1945, when Bonhoeffer is taken to death row to be hanged the following day, what is he doing when he is taken from his cell?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)