|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe that experiencing loneliness could do for Christians?
(a) It enables them to recognize each other in the presence of Christ.
(b) It enables them to recognize the presence of Christ in each other.
(c) It could discourage them and cause them to give up their faith.
(d) It could make them loners, unwilling to properly participate in church life.
2. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a spiritual community, according to Bonhoeffer?
3. Which of these song titles is the title of an American Negro spiritual?
(a) How Great Thou Art.
(b) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
(c) Heaven Is A Place On Earth.
(d) Silent Night.
4. What did Bonhoeffer intend Life Together to be?
(a) An illustration of spiritual life in an illegal, secret Protestant seminary within the historical context of Nazi Germany, 1935-1945.
(b) A guide to the daily spiritual devotions of the seminary's community life.
(c) The Christian practices, beliefs, and principles by which Bonhoeffer leads his seminarians in daily life together.
(d) An autobiography of Bonhoeffer's life.
5. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe that human egos did to human relationships, without Christ's mediating influence?
2. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the second element that defined a Christian fellowship?
4. How does Bonhoeffer say that Christians should receive each other?
5. Who became one of Bonhoeffer's teachers?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)