|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Gestapo closes down Bonhoeffer's seminary and forbids him to teach, what does he do?
(a) He becomes involved in a plot to overthrow Hitler.
(b) He joins the Nazi Party.
(c) He becomes a secret agent for the Allies.
(d) He goes into hiding.
2. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
(b) The United States.
3. The term "Word of God" can be applied to which two elements of Christianity?
(a) Jesus Christ; Christians.
(b) The Bible; the Church.
(c) Christians; the Church.
(d) The Bible; Jesus Christ.
4. Bonhoeffer's writings boil down to which following Scriptural statement?
(a) Christ's call is to come and serve others.
(b) Christ's call is to unity and reconciliation.
(c) Christ's call is to come and die.
(d) Christ's call is to be peaceful and not offend.
5. What does Bonhoeffer say pastors and congregants should do about the community they find themselves in?
(a) Complain and gossip about their fellow believers every chance they get.
(b) Make as many friends as possible and form a network of cliques.
(c) Examine themselves and thank God for a chance to grow.
(d) Analyze their fellow believers and help them fix all their problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
2. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
3. What did Bonhoeffer believe was special about Jesus Christ?
4. What German city did Bonhoeffer return to?
5. How did Bonhoeffer view Christian fellowship?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)