|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a true statement about what Christians can expect regarding being able to spend time in person with other Christians?
(a) According to the Bible, Christians rarely receive the privilege of living together with other Christians.
(b) According to the Bible, Christians will sometimes have other Christians to live with and will sometimes be alone.
(c) According to the Bible, Christians will always have other Christians to live with.
(d) According to the Bible, Christians will never have other Christians to live with.
2. What did Bonhoeffer believe that human egos did to human relationships, without Christ's mediating influence?
(a) Tended to drift from community to aloneness.
(b) Developed harmony and good will, and enabled peace and understanding.
(c) Incited conflict and strife and destroyed peace and understanding.
(d) The effect of the ego was neutral on the quality of the relationships.
3. How was Bonhoeffer executed?
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Gas chamber.
4. The term "Word of God" can be applied to which two elements of Christianity?
(a) The Bible; the Church.
(b) Jesus Christ; Christians.
(c) The Bible; Jesus Christ.
(d) Christians; the Church.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what does a Christian seek from Jesus Christ?
(a) Wealth, health, and prosperity.
(b) Forgiveness so they can keep on sinning; a free ride to heaven.
(c) Material goods, money, and friends.
(d) Redemption, righteousness, innocence, and blessedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of how many children?
2. Life Together is the English translation of which German phrase?
3. Ten years after Bonhoeffer's death, what event takes place in commemoration of his sacrifice?
4. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
5. On April 8, 1945, when Bonhoeffer is taken to death row to be hanged the following day, what is he doing when he is taken from his cell?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)