|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bonhoeffer say that Christians should receive each other?
(a) According to their position in the church and community.
(b) In reverence, humility and joy as they would Jesus Himself.
(c) According to their education, talent, and abilities.
(d) According to their social standing, power, and influence.
2. Who is arrested along with Bonhoeffer in 1943?
(a) His wife and children.
(b) His sister and brother-in-law.
(c) His sister and brother.
(d) His mother and father.
3. In which concentration camp was Bonhoeffer executed, on April 9, 1945?
4. What did Bonhoeffer do just before going leaving Germany for England?
(a) He publicly criticized Hitler in a radio broadcast for not moving faster to make the Third Reich a reality.
(b) He publicly criticized the Allies in a radio broadcast for remaining neutral while Hitler gained power.
(c) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for not supporting Hitler.
(d) He publicly criticized Germans in a radio broadcast for supporting Hitler.
5. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
(a) The Bible.
(d) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Gestapo closes down Bonhoeffer's seminary and forbids him to teach, what does he do?
2. Why did Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
3. How does Bonhoeffer believe that is it possible for Christians to remain together spiritually, even when scattered throughout the world?
4. What was the title of Bonhoeffer's doctoral thesis and dissertation?
5. Bonhoeffer's writings boil down to which following Scriptural statement?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)