|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
(b) The United States.
2. Ten years after Bonhoeffer's death, what event takes place in commemoration of his sacrifice?
(a) Bavarian pastors erect a monument in his honor.
(b) His seminary re-opens in Finkenwalde.
(c) He is awarded a posthumous Nobel prize.
(d) The Pope canonizes him.
3. Who became one of Bonhoeffer's teachers?
(a) Karl Barth, a well-known theologian.
(b) Alfred Einstein, a well-known physicist.
(c) Fritz Arnheim, a well-known historian.
(d) Sigmund Freud, a noted psychologist.
4. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the second element that defined a Christian fellowship?
(a) Christians come to others through Jesus Christ.
(b) Christians come to others through social channels.
(c) Christians come to others through the Church.
(d) Christians are islands unto themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bonhoeffer view Christian fellowship?
2. How was Bonhoeffer executed?
3. What did Bonhoeffer say is the source of human love? What can unfulfilled human love easily become?
4. Who is arrested along with Bonhoeffer in 1943?
5. Life Together is the English translation of which German phrase?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)