|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer do after the Nazis forbid him to teach, write, or publish?
(a) He continues to teach, write, and publish in defiance of the Nazi ban, traveling throughout Germany to do so.
(b) He complies with the order and travels throughout Germany encouraging other Christians to do the same.
(c) He flees the country and takes a pastorate in England.
(d) He flees to the United States and takes classes at Union Theological Seminary.
2. In which country had Bonhoeffer been living prior to his return to Germany?
(d) The United States.
3. What did Bonhoeffer decide to study at the age of sixteen?
4. What German city did Bonhoeffer return to?
5. Who became one of Bonhoeffer's teachers?
(a) Fritz Arnheim, a well-known historian.
(b) Karl Barth, a well-known theologian.
(c) Sigmund Freud, a noted psychologist.
(d) Alfred Einstein, a well-known physicist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ten years after Bonhoeffer's death, what event takes place in commemoration of his sacrifice?
2. Christians see Bonhoeffer as having died for his faith. What term is applied to this?
3. On April 8, 1945, when Bonhoeffer is taken to death row to be hanged the following day, what is he doing when he is taken from his cell?
4. After Life Together, Bonhoeffer publishes two additional books before which following event happens?
5. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)