|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
(a) He was furthering his education.
(b) He was seeking asylum.
(c) He was taking a sabbatical.
(d) He was leading German congregations in London.
2. Bonhoeffer's writings boil down to which following Scriptural statement?
(a) Christ's call is to come and die.
(b) Christ's call is to be peaceful and not offend.
(c) Christ's call is to come and serve others.
(d) Christ's call is to unity and reconciliation.
3. How does Bonhoeffer believe that is it possible for Christians to remain together spiritually, even when scattered throughout the world?
(a) It is possible through Jesus Christ.
(b) It is possible through God the Father.
(c) It is possible through the Holy Spirit.
(d) It is possible through e-mails and instant messages.
4. What does Bonhoeffer state that the duty of a Christian is?
(a) To follow the example of Christ by only interacting with the friends of God.
(b) To follow the example of Christ by bringing peace while living among the enemies of God.
(c) To follow the example of Christ by hiding together away from the world and waiting for His return.
(d) To follow the example of Christ by waging war against the enemies of God.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the second element that defined a Christian fellowship?
(a) Christians come to others through the Church.
(b) Christians are islands unto themselves.
(c) Christians come to others through Jesus Christ.
(d) Christians come to others through social channels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
2. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
3. Bonhoeffer stated that "One can either believe or see, but faith has no need to see in order to ________. Seeing does not need to believe in order to see."
4. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the third element that defines a Christian fellowship?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)