|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Dietrich Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
2. Who signed the execution order that authorized Bonhoeffer's execution?
(a) Albert Speer.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Heinrich Himmler.
(d) Hermann Goering.
3. Bonhoeffer firmly believed that a brotherhood is bound together by:
(d) Shared possessions.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the Holy Spirit's purpose?
(a) To resolve the conflicts that inevitably develop in Christian communities.
(b) To bring peace to the world.
(c) To put belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior into Christians' hearts.
(d) To bring unity among all the world's religions.
5. What was the title of Bonhoeffer's doctoral thesis and dissertation?
(b) Creation and Fall.
(c) Act and Being.
(d) Life Together.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, how are Christ's followers gathered together as the worldwide Body of Christ while on Earth?
2. After Life Together, Bonhoeffer publishes two additional books before which following event happens?
3. What does Bonhoeffer state that the duty of a Christian is?
4. What does Bonhoeffer say pastors and congregants should do about the community they find themselves in?
5. What is the title of Bonhoeffer's first book?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)