|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Community.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer do after the Nazis forbid him to teach, write, or publish?
(a) He flees to the United States and takes classes at Union Theological Seminary.
(b) He flees the country and takes a pastorate in England.
(c) He complies with the order and travels throughout Germany encouraging other Christians to do the same.
(d) He continues to teach, write, and publish in defiance of the Nazi ban, traveling throughout Germany to do so.
2. Who became one of Bonhoeffer's teachers?
(a) Fritz Arnheim, a well-known historian.
(b) Karl Barth, a well-known theologian.
(c) Sigmund Freud, a noted psychologist.
(d) Alfred Einstein, a well-known physicist.
3. Life Together is the English translation of which German phrase?
(a) Alles Zusammen.
(b) Gemeinsames Leben.
(c) Leben Gemeinsames.
(d) Gemeinsames Zusammen.
4. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a human community, according to Bonhoeffer?
5. What was Bonhoeffer doing while living abroad from Germany?
(a) He was furthering his education.
(b) He was seeking asylum.
(c) He was taking a sabbatical.
(d) He was leading German congregations in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
2. According to Bonhoeffer, how are Christ's followers gathered together as the worldwide Body of Christ while on Earth?
3. What did Bonhoeffer decide to study at the age of sixteen?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the third element that defines a Christian fellowship?
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what does a Christian seek from Jesus Christ?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)