|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe was special about Jesus Christ?
(a) He had special powers to protect Christians from the Nazis.
(b) There was nothing special about Jesus Christ in Bonhoeffer's eyes.
(c) He was God become man, but didn't take on human nature.
(d) He was God become man, thereby taking on human nature.
2. Bonhoeffer believed in the Christian doctrine of a triune God. What is the definition of this doctrine?
(a) One God, that takes on three different modes.
(b) Three persons in one God.
(c) One God, that has appeared in three different manifestations throughout time.
(d) Three separate Gods.
3. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
(a) Christ and His Word.
(b) God the Father.
(c) The brother.
(d) The enemy.
4. Bonhoeffer claimed that a Christian community is a ______ reality.
5. Which of these song titles is the title of an American Negro spiritual?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) How Great Thou Art.
(c) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
(d) Heaven Is A Place On Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer stated that "One can either believe or see, but faith has no need to see in order to ________. Seeing does not need to believe in order to see."
2. Life Together is the English translation of which German phrase?
3. What is the Greek word for the type of love found in a spiritual community, according to Bonhoeffer?
4. On what does Bonhoeffer recommend individuals meditate?
5. Who schedules the entire day at the seminary?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)