|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which German city did Bonhoeffer grow up?
2. Bonhoeffer noted two evidences that one's personal time spent in prayer, meditation and intercession had put that person in real contact with the strengthening and purifying power of God. One of the reasons is listed below; indicate it:
(a) The nature of the person's relationships throughout the day.
(b) The environment of the person's workaday world.
(c) What the person chooses to do for recreational time.
(d) What the person wears.
3. Why did Bonhoeffer return to Germany?
(a) To pastor an underground church.
(b) To take charge of an illegal seminary.
(c) To run a secret hospital for Jews.
(d) To join the Nazi Party.
4. What does the noontime break remind the community members, according to Bonhoeffer?
(a) Their work does not provide daily bread; they need to be grateful to Bonhoeffer for sheltering them.
(b) Their work provides their daily bread; they need to thank God that they have jobs.
(c) Their work provides their daily bread; they need to work even harder.
(d) Their work does not provide daily bread; it is God's gift of grace.
5. Who signed the execution order that authorized Bonhoeffer's execution?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Hermann Goering.
(c) Albert Speer.
(d) Heinrich Himmler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which concentration camp was Bonhoeffer executed, on April 9, 1945?
2. What did Bonhoeffer, in contrast, say is the source of spiritual love and what does it desire to do?
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what is one of the incorrect reasons for seeking others' company?
4. What did Bonhoeffer decide to study at the age of sixteen?
5. How does Bonhoeffer say that Christians should receive each other?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)