|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Day Alone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bonhoeffer believe that experiencing loneliness could do for Christians?
(a) It could discourage them and cause them to give up their faith.
(b) It enables them to recognize each other in the presence of Christ.
(c) It enables them to recognize the presence of Christ in each other.
(d) It could make them loners, unwilling to properly participate in church life.
2. What, according to Bonhoeffer, should be a primary concern in personal intercession?
(a) Those being persecuted by the Nazis.
(b) Those in the fellowship who have asked for assistance.
(c) One's own personal needs.
(d) World events and crises.
3. How does the day begin at the seminary?
(a) With breakfast.
(b) With calisthenics.
(c) With air-raid drills.
(d) With devotions.
4. Who is arrested along with Bonhoeffer in 1943?
(a) His sister and brother-in-law.
(b) His sister and brother.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His wife and children.
5. In 1939, what does Dietrich Bonhoeffer commit himself to supporting?
(a) The Allies.
(b) The Church and the Resistance movement.
(c) His former seminarians.
(d) The Nazi Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the Holy Spirit's purpose?
2. How does Bonhoeffer believe Christians should pray together to God?
3. What did Bonhoeffer believe that the reading of Scripture helps teach?
4. What was Bonhoeffer's claim about singing that is not directed towards God?
5. What is the reverse of the concept put forth in the previous question?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)