|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Bonhoeffer, what do the times of day and night symbolize?
(a) The Allies and the Axis.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Day and night.
(d) Christ's effect on the world.
2. How did Bonhoeffer view Christian fellowship?
(a) A gift of grace; a privilege.
(b) An unalienable right; a promise.
(c) A gift of love; a promise.
(d) A gift of faith; a privilege.
3. What did Bonhoeffer say in Chapter 4 that we must remember about other members of the community in which we live?
(a) They are all better than us and we should consider ourselves lucky they put up with us.
(b) They need assistance, encouragement and forgiveness.
(c) They deserve criticism, scorn, and a swift kick in the rear.
(d) They are victims of their circumstances and upbringing, and need government help just like us.
4. What does Bonhoeffer say pastors and congregants should do about the community they find themselves in?
(a) Analyze their fellow believers and help them fix all their problems.
(b) Examine themselves and thank God for a chance to grow.
(c) Complain and gossip about their fellow believers every chance they get.
(d) Make as many friends as possible and form a network of cliques.
5. Bonhoeffer believed that the Christian community belongs to one another and is able to fellowship together only through and in...
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, an activity within a Christian community that is not of Jesus Christ is based on what?
2. What does Bonhoeffer state that the duty of a Christian is?
3. Not saying bad things is the ministry of:
4. What did Bonhoeffer believe that human egos did to human relationships, without Christ's mediating influence?
5. How does Bonhoeffer believe that is it possible for Christians to remain together spiritually, even when scattered throughout the world?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)