|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the seminary, what happens after morning devotions are over?
(a) Showers and chores.
(b) Confession and penance.
(d) Fellowship of the table.
2. What did Bonhoeffer say was the purpose of evening prayers and devotions?
(a) They were used to air grievances and build cases in ongoing disputes.
(b) They were used to heal any discord or right any wrong done during the day.
(c) They were used to prove who was right and who was wrong in whatever discord had taken place that day.
(d) They were used to discipline anyone who had broken the rules that day.
3. What did Bonhoeffer believe that the reading of Scripture helps teach?
(a) Man's history primarily for the sake of salvation.
(b) Doctrine and religious asceticism.
(c) Literacy and self-discipline.
(d) Love for our fellow man and an appreciation for all religions.
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what is work a cure for?
(a) Fear and anxiety.
(b) Laziness and lethargy.
(c) Unbelief and mistrust.
(d) Greed and gluttony.
5. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the second element that defined a Christian fellowship?
(a) Christians come to others through Jesus Christ.
(b) Christians are islands unto themselves.
(c) Christians come to others through social channels.
(d) Christians come to others through the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, what is the purpose of the fellowship that takes place when meals are shared at the table?
2. Bonhoeffer's ideas are not susceptible to rigorous rational examination and do not make sense without belief in _____.
3. What Bonhoeffer's purpose in writing Chapter 1?
4. How does the day begin at the seminary?
5. In Chapter 2, Bonhoeffer makes the following statement: "The Christian understands that the burden and labor of the day gives meaning to ______."
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)