|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bonhoeffer, in a human community, what are weaker individuals influenced by?
(a) The whole community.
(b) Stronger individuals.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
2. According to Bonhoeffer, what does a Christian seek from Jesus Christ?
(a) Material goods, money, and friends.
(b) Redemption, righteousness, innocence, and blessedness.
(c) Forgiveness so they can keep on sinning; a free ride to heaven.
(d) Wealth, health, and prosperity.
3. What, according to Bonhoeffer, is the ministry of proclaiming?
(a) Making one's nationality known.
(b) Making one's faith known.
(c) Making one's opinions known.
(d) Making one's political stance known.
4. The ministry that requires that one think highly of others and little of oneself to serve them is the ministry of:
(a) Helpfulness, or thoughtfulness.
(b) Meekness, or humility.
(c) Humility, or humbleness.
(d) Meekness, or gentleness.
5. What is the last book of the Bible?
(b) Apocalypse (Revelation).
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer's ideas are not susceptible to rigorous rational examination and do not make sense without belief in _____.
2. After the morning meal, what is the next event in a typical day at the seminary and how long does it last?
3. What does the noontime break remind the community members, according to Bonhoeffer?
4. Bonhoeffer claimed that a Christian community is a ______ reality.
5. What does Bonhoeffer say is the origination point of spiritual love?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)