|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Ministry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonhoeffer put forth as proof that there is a need for service to others?
(a) The existence of hunger.
(b) The existence of poverty.
(c) The different social classes in society.
(d) The initial reaction when one brother meets another.
2. When the day's work was completed, what happened at Bonhoeffer's seminary?
(a) The evening meal, then evening songs, prayers, and devotions.
(b) An evening meal, then the seminarians went to bed.
(c) An evening meal, then either television, movies, or board games.
(d) An evening meal, then the seminarians went out on the town.
3. According to Bonhoeffer, what happens when one receives God's mercy?
(a) A desire to serve the community.
(b) A desire to serve others.
(c) A desire to serve God.
(d) A desire to serve oneself.
4. If another's sin is considered to be worse to one's own, Bonhoeffer says that service to the other is not _________.
(c) Blessed by God.
5. Bonhoeffer claimed that a Christian community is a ______ reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bonhoeffer firmly believed that a brotherhood is bound together by:
2. What did Bonhoeffer claim is a benefit of the ministry of helpfulness?
3. What does Bonhoeffer say pastors and congregants should do about the community they find themselves in?
4. According to Bonhoeffer, what was the third element that defines a Christian fellowship?
5. Bonhoeffer says that one truly becomes a brother only if:
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)