|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who experiences cuff therapy in Chapter 41?
2. How many of Cassandra's tattoos are mentioned in Chapter 35?
3. Who handles decisions about Sabrina's medical care?
4. Who is Dude Massard?
5. Why does the money from Elaine's lawsuit disappear so quickly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the living room of Apartment 13B from Chapter 40.
2. Describe Nate.
3. When Elaine is in a car wreck on New Year's Eve, what injuries does she suffer from?
4. What does Elaine do to prepare for her Thanksgiving celebration?
5. What is Officer Russell's background?
6. Why does Elaine call 911 in Chapter 32?
7. Why is Elaine frantic about finding a new apartment?
8. Why is Jamel upset with his new parole officer in Chapter 36?
9. When Elaine considers buying a three-family building for $299,000, what is her plan?
10. Why does Elaine go to the anti-drug law rallies once she is out of prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Elaine, having her own home and having her children live with her is a goal when she is released from prison. Is Elaine successful in her goal during "Life on the Outside?" If not, what is stopping her from being successful? Is it a realistic goal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What role does poverty and race play in Elaine's arrest, conviction, and sentencing? Does it play a role in her initial denial for clemency? Explain your answer, providing supporting information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Of Yvonne Bartlett's seven children, five served time in jail or prison. The two who didn't died as young adults. Was Yvonne a good mother? Was she good at her role? Did her own arrest have any effect on the outcomes of her children? Who or what is to blame for the outcome of the majority of the Bartlett children? Parenting? Society?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)