|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend from prison does Elaine hope to see at a rally in Chapter 33?
2. Why is Elaine angry at Nathan in Chapter 30?
3. How long is Elaine on Camacho's caseload?
4. What hospital does the ambulance take Sabrina to in Chapter 32?
5. When Chapter 43 opens, what is Elaine doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Elaine realizes that a family member stole money from her, she does nothing. Why is that?
2. Explain "cuff therapy."
3. Describe the living room of Apartment 13B from Chapter 40.
4. What is Officer Russell's background?
5. Why is Elaine not allowed to see Sabrina's body?
6. Why does Elaine tell Danae to leave her apartment and changes the locks?
7. When Jamel ends up in the hospital with a hurt leg and neck, how does he explain it to his mother?
8. Describe Cassandra's relationship with Jamel.
9. Why does Elaine call 911 in Chapter 32?
10. When Elaine is in a car wreck on New Year's Eve, what injuries does she suffer from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Different types of parole officers are seen in "Life on the Outside." Find out what the qualifications are to be a parole officer for the federal corrections department or within your state. Do you think the qualifications are appropriate? What makes a good parole officer? What kind of personality? Do life experiences play a role in how a parole officer works?
Essay Topic 2
Of Yvonne Bartlett's seven children, five served time in jail or prison. The two who didn't died as young adults. Was Yvonne a good mother? Was she good at her role? Did her own arrest have any effect on the outcomes of her children? Who or what is to blame for the outcome of the majority of the Bartlett children? Parenting? Society?
Essay Topic 3
For Elaine, having her own home and having her children live with her is a goal when she is released from prison. Is Elaine successful in her goal during "Life on the Outside?" If not, what is stopping her from being successful? Is it a realistic goal? Why or why not?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)