|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "free time beats jail time?"
(a) Arturo Smith.
(d) Parole officer.
2. Who says, "You gotta laugh to keep from going insane?"
3. When Chapter 43 opens, what is Elaine doing?
(a) Sorting through belongings.
(b) Working at her job.
(c) Talking to her parole officer.
(d) Fighting with her daughter.
4. What went missing from Elaine's pocket in Chapter 37?
(a) Cell phone.
5. In Chapter 39, who is Jamel's current girlfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, Elaine finds out that Jamel's release is postponed for a day. Who tells her this?
2. In Chapter 38, what call that Elaine had been dreading finally came?
3. What job did Elaine have at Project Renewal before being demoted?
4. How many anti-Rockefeller drug law events does Elaine attend in her first year out of prison?
5. How much money is missing from Elaine's bank account in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elaine not allowed to see Sabrina's body?
2. Explain "cuff therapy."
3. Why is Elaine frantic about finding a new apartment?
4. Why is Elaine calling in to her job in Chapter 37? Do you think she has good reasons for doing so?
5. What does Elaine do to prepare for her Thanksgiving celebration?
6. Why is Jamel so angry with Cassandra?
7. How is Elaine dressed for her first Thanksgiving at home after being in prison?
8. Why does Elaine go to the anti-drug law rallies once she is out of prison?
9. What does Jamel provide to Elaine in Chapter 38 that no one else thinks to do?
10. After years of not seeing each other, Elaine doesn't greet Nate in the same way as his fantasy. Why?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)