|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Elaine to get her own apartment?
(a) More than three years.
(b) Twenty-nine months.
(c) Twenty-two months.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. Who says in Chapter 33, "Come out here and face your accusers?"
(a) Tony Papa.
(b) Randy Credico.
(d) Al Lewis.
3. What former prisoner does Elaine run into at the train station who has just graduated from college?
4. What went missing from Elaine's pocket in Chapter 37?
(a) Cell phone.
5. How much does Elaine give Michelle after Apache's basketball fundraiser in Chapter 42?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 37 opens, Elaine calls into work twice for what reason?
2. In Chapter 41, who is taking a data entry class?
3. What is the first line in the song that Jamel recites?
4. What kind of health insurance does Elaine have in Chapter 32?
5. In Chapter 41, where is the sign with "Waiting Area Rules" located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of programs does Jamel participate in as required by his parole officer?
2. Why does Elaine call 911 in Chapter 32?
3. What is Jamel's ambition in Part 4, and how has he prepared for it?
4. What is Officer Russell's background?
5. What is Donna Charles' situation upon leaving prison?
6. Why is Elaine frantic about finding a new apartment?
7. Who is Yvonne Stennet and what is her connection to Elaine's family?
8. Where does Elaine find herself on the third anniversary of her release from prison?
9. When Elaine realizes that a family member stole money from her, she does nothing. Why is that?
10. How is Jamel spending most of his days in Chapter 39?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)