|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in the summer did Elaine return to see Nathan according to Chapter 31?
2. Where is Jamel when he tattoos three overlapping hearts on his chest with his name, Cassandra's, and his son's?
(a) Avenue D.
(b) An out-of-state prison.
(c) State prison.
(d) Riker's Island.
3. When Chapter 43 opens, what is Elaine doing?
(a) Fighting with her daughter.
(b) Sorting through belongings.
(c) Working at her job.
(d) Talking to her parole officer.
4. When is Elaine involved in a car accident?
(a) Before Christmas.
(b) The day after Christmas.
(c) Thanksgiving Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
5. Who predicts that Jamel is "going to dig his own hole?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, who is taking a data entry class?
2. In Chapter 41, where is the sign with "Waiting Area Rules" located?
3. Who does Elaine ask to move out of her apartment?
4. In Chapter 39, who is Jamel's current girlfriend?
5. Who is Gary Williams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elaine not allowed to see Sabrina's body?
2. When Jamel ends up in the hospital with a hurt leg and neck, how does he explain it to his mother?
3. Why is Elaine frantic about finding a new apartment?
4. Describe the living room of Apartment 13B from Chapter 40.
5. What is Jamel's ambition in Part 4, and how has he prepared for it?
6. What does Elaine do to prepare for her Thanksgiving celebration?
7. Where does Elaine find herself on the third anniversary of her release from prison?
8. Why is Elaine calling in to her job in Chapter 37? Do you think she has good reasons for doing so?
9. Why does Elaine tell Danae to leave her apartment and changes the locks?
10. Describe Nate.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)