|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year were the Rockefeller drug laws passed?
2. Who refers to Elaine as "rebel without a cause" in Chapter 7?
(a) The warden.
(b) The driver.
(c) Miss Dixon.
(d) Ms. Jones.
3. Yvonne is Elaine's mother. How many children did she have?
4. Who says, "Who ate my cheese?" in Chapter 24?
(c) George Lino.
5. When the book begins in Part I, where is Elaine working?
(a) She doesn't work. She only collects welfare.
(b) 125 Barber Shop and Beauty Shop.
(c) Project Renewal.
(d) Harlem Beauty Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Elaine last in Apartment 13B before leaving the first time?
2. Who is Alfonso Camacho?
3. What did Elaine do in the mornings when she first arrived at Bedford Hills?
4. According to Chapter 28, what do friends Elaine and Lora talk most about?
5. Where does Elaine take her granddaughter Tenea when Chapter 22 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elaine's mother.
2. What is the purpose of South Forty?
3. Describe Fiske Cottage and how Elaine feels about it.
4. Describe Jamel's appearance when Elaine visits him at Riker's Island.
5. What are the O'Connors of Katonah like?
6. What is Elaine's room at the YMCA like? Is it better than how she's been living?
7. Describe the vehicle that brings Elaine to Bedford Hills Prison.
8. What information does Elaine include in a letter asking to be considered for clemency?
9. What is the result of Judge Clyne's eleven years on the bench?
10. Elaine searches Apartment 13B for signs of her mother. What does she find?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)