|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, who does Elaine think Dane is spending too much time with?
2. What bad news does Lora receive in Chapter 15?
(a) That she has HIV.
(b) Her husband wants a divorce.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) Her mother dies.
3. What journalist turns Elaine's cause into a personal crusade?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Geraldo Rivera.
(c) Charles Grodin.
(d) Diane Sawyer.
4. What prison job did Elaine have that paid 77.5 cents a day?
(a) Cook helper.
(c) In the Children's Center.
(d) Counter attendant.
5. How much did Elaine pay for rent in the first chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elaine moves back to Apartment 13B in Chapter 29, who does she share a bedroom with?
2. How much money did the prison give Elaine upon her release?
3. Who tried to commit suicide by jumping into the East River?
4. Which of Elaine's children participates in the summer program that Sister Elaine Roulet starts?
5. Elaine gives $10 to her sister-in-law, but what is the first thing she buys for herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elaine's cell at Bedford Hills Prison from Chapter Eight.
2. Why did Elaine move into Apache's bedroom in Chapter 29?
3. What is Alfonso Camacho's background? Do you think Alfonso Camacho is a good parole officer? Why or why not?
4. Describe Lora Tucker.
5. What are the O'Connors of Katonah like?
6. What is it like for Apache on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota?
7. What does Elaine choose to wear in Chapter 1.
8. Describe Project Renewal.
9. In Chapter 20, what does Elaine see that she needs for Apartment 13B?
10. What educational opportunities is Elaine involved with while in prison?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)