|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the 77-year-old prisoner who had been at Bedford Hills longer than anyone?
(a) Ruth Brown.
(b) Jean Harris.
(c) Betty Franklin.
(d) Shawna Smith.
2. What did Elaine do in the mornings when she first arrived at Bedford Hills?
(a) Remained locked in her cell.
(b) Attend education classes.
(c) Work as a porter.
(d) Cleaned the mess hall.
3. Who tells Elaine to "shut up, be quiet and listen" in Chapter 26?
(a) Robert Turner.
(b) Donald Myers.
(c) Officer Camacho.
(d) David Hickman.
4. Who is arrested two months after Frankie dies?
5. What type of organization is Project Renewal?
(a) Program for ex-prisoners.
(b) Residential drug-treatment program.
(c) Program for the mentally ill.
(d) Low-income housing program.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alfonso Camacho?
2. Who says, "Who ate my cheese?" in Chapter 24?
3. Who is George Lino?
4. Whose letter does Apache hear being read on television in Chapter 16?
5. What prison job did Elaine have that paid 77.5 cents a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alfonso Camacho's background? Do you think Alfonso Camacho is a good parole officer? Why or why not?
2. What educational opportunities is Elaine involved with while in prison?
3. What does Elaine choose to wear in Chapter 1.
4. How did Apache cope with life in Apartment 13B?
5. Describe Jamel's appearance when Elaine visits him at Riker's Island.
6. Why does the chart at the police department have Elaine two inches taller than she really is?
7. Describe Project Renewal.
8. What information does Elaine include in a letter asking to be considered for clemency?
9. What is Danae like?
10. What is Elaine's attitude toward men in Chapter 28 and is it working for her?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)