|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins teaching classes as Bedford Hills prison in Chapter 15?
(a) James Murray.
(b) Lucy Kubis.
(d) Lora Tucker.
2. How much money did the prison give Elaine upon her release?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Forty-five dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) Thirty-five dollars.
3. Who wears a different color wig every week in Part 2?
4. What did Elaine think of the Rockefeller drug laws before she was arrested?
(a) She wanted to protest against them.
(b) She had never heard of them.
(c) She believed they didn't apply to her.
(d) She ignored them, thinking she wouldn't get caught.
5. What is Jamel wearing on his feet when he visits his mother in Chapter 22?
(a) Prison-issue shoes.
(b) Tommy Hilfiger sandals.
(d) Dress shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins a $1.25 million wrongful-imprisonment lawsuit in Chapter 18?
2. According to Chapter 28, what do friends Elaine and Lora talk most about?
3. Who tried to commit suicide by jumping into the East River?
4. Where does Elaine go grocery shopping in Chapter 20?
5. Of the five Bartlett siblings, who is the only who hasn't gone to jail by Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elaine's cell at Bedford Hills Prison from Chapter Eight.
2. Elaine searches Apartment 13B for signs of her mother. What does she find?
3. Why does the chart at the police department have Elaine two inches taller than she really is?
4. Describe the vehicle that brings Elaine to Bedford Hills Prison.
5. What is Danae like?
6. What are the O'Connors of Katonah like?
7. What does Elaine choose to wear in Chapter 1.
8. What is Elaine's attitude toward men in Chapter 28 and is it working for her?
9. Explain the Rockefeller drug laws.
10. What information does Elaine include in a letter asking to be considered for clemency?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)