|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears a different color wig every week in Part 2?
2. Who is arrested two months after Frankie dies?
3. In Chapter 29, what single word does Elaine use to describe life on the outside?
4. In Chapter 11, who is sentenced to 63 days in solitary confinement?
5. What is the return address on most of the letters that Elaine receives in prison in Chapter 11?
(a) Green Haven Correctional Facility.
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Rikers Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elaine gives $10 to her sister-in-law, but what is the first thing she buys for herself?
2. Who was the 77-year-old prisoner who had been at Bedford Hills longer than anyone?
3. What is the occasion of Yvonne's last visit to Elaine?
4. What did Elaine think of the Rockefeller drug laws before she was arrested?
5. What happens on December 19, 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the vehicle that brings Elaine to Bedford Hills Prison.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Elaine do with the $40 send-off money that the prison gave her?
3. What is Elaine's attitude toward men in Chapter 28 and is it working for her?
4. What information does Elaine include in a letter asking to be considered for clemency?
5. By 1998, what changes had the Rockefeller drug laws had on the New York prison system?
6. What is the result of Judge Clyne's eleven years on the bench?
7. Why do you think some women have a hard time leaving Bedford Hills Prison?
8. What educational opportunities is Elaine involved with while in prison?
9. Why does the chart at the police department have Elaine two inches taller than she really is?
10. Describe the appearance of Charlie, also known as George Deets.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)