|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elaine angry at Nathan in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he kept her waiting.
(b) Because he remarried.
(c) Because he didn't love her.
(d) Because he forgot her birthday.
2. Who says, "No matter what you do in life, you can never go back?"
(a) Officer Comacho.
(c) Lora Tucker.
3. Who is Arturo Smith?
(a) Counselor at La Bodega.
(b) Friend of the family.
(c) Potential boss for Jamel.
(d) Parole officer.
4. Who has spent six months on Riker's Island when Chapter 44 starts?
5. Who is the song about that Jamel recites for the open mike night at the nightclub?
6. What is the name of the nightclub that Lora recommends for Jamel?
(a) The Spoken Word.
(b) Greenwich House.
(c) Knitting Factory.
7. In Chapter 34, Elaine finds out that Jamel's release is postponed for a day. Who tells her this?
(a) The prison.
(b) One of Jamel's friends.
8. What went missing from Elaine's pocket in Chapter 37?
(a) Cell phone.
9. What does Lora give Elaine for Christmas in Chapter 42?
(b) New apartment.
(c) Cell phone.
10. When is Elaine involved in a car accident?
(a) The day after Christmas.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Before Christmas.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
11. Who is the only sibling who traveled across state to visit Jamel in prison?
(b) None of them visited.
12. Who says in Chapter 33, "Come out here and face your accusers?"
(a) Al Lewis.
(b) Randy Credico.
(c) Tony Papa.
13. How many of Cassandra's tattoos are mentioned in Chapter 35?
14. Whose rap name is Littles?
(a) Chico Reynolds.
(b) Alfredo Bryan.
(c) Nasir Jones.
15. Who handles decisions about Sabrina's medical care?
(a) Michelle and Star.
(b) Elaine and Michelle.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Star and Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Elaine have at Project Renewal before being demoted?
2. Who does Elaine ask to move out of her apartment?
3. What did Elaine's nieces and nephews refer to her as after her car accident?
4. What letters has Nathan received from his children while in prison?
5. What is responsible for Elaine's urgency to get out of their neighborhood in Chapter 40?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)