|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nathan in prison at in Part III?
(a) Green Haven Prison.
(b) State prison in Elmira.
(c) Riker's Island.
(d) Attica Correctional Facility.
2. What does Lora give Elaine for Christmas in Chapter 42?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) New apartment.
3. Who is Dude Massard?
(a) Elaine's boyfriend.
(b) A friend of Jamel's.
(c) Satara's boyfriend.
(d) A neighbor.
4. Who is shot at least four times, later dying, in Chapter 40?
(d) Mobb Deep.
5. What is Jamel's favorite hip-hop magazine in Chapter 34?
(a) Yo! Raps.
(b) The Source.
(c) The Vibe.
(d) Hip Hop Weekly.
6. In Chapter 33, who has cream of turkey soup at a diner?
(b) Angela Thompson.
(c) Randy Credico.
(d) Donna Charles.
7. When Chapter 43 opens, what is Elaine doing?
(a) Talking to her parole officer.
(b) Working at her job.
(c) Fighting with her daughter.
(d) Sorting through belongings.
8. What friend from prison does Elaine hope to see at a rally in Chapter 33?
(a) Jean Harris.
(c) Donna Charles.
(d) Michelle Plaza.
9. What former prisoner does Elaine run into at the train station who has just graduated from college?
10. Who is the new parole officer that upsets Jamel so much in Chapter 36?
(a) Mr. King.
(b) Mrs. Martinez.
(c) Mr. Arthur.
(d) Miss Russell.
11. According to Apache, who looks like a cross between "Charlie's Angels" and Glenn Close in "101 Dalmations?"
12. Who is flipping pancakes at the beginning of Chapter 34?
13. In Chapter 38, who is battling for control of the Bartlett family?
(a) Elaine and Sabrina.
(b) Star and Michelle.
(c) Elaine and Michelle.
(d) Satara and Apache.
14. Who does Elaine ask to move out of her apartment?
15. In Chapter 41, where is the sign with "Waiting Area Rules" located?
(a) Project Renewal.
(b) Parole office.
(c) Doctor's office.
(d) Drug rehab office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Elaine not to "jump on the first thing?"
2. In Chapter 34, Elaine finds out that Jamel's release is postponed for a day. Who tells her this?
3. Who says, "free time beats jail time?"
4. Who predicts that Jamel is "going to dig his own hole?"
5. Who gets a fake ID to visit Jamel when he is at Riker's Island?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)