|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elaine, along with Harris, Boudin, and Clark were known as what at Bedford Hills prison?
(b) Fresh meat.
(d) Model prisoners.
2. Who follows Elaine to her home in Chapter 19?
(b) A TV news crew.
(d) Her sister-in-law.
3. What year was Elaine arrested?
4. In Chapter 14, what made someone an instant celebrity in Bedford Hills prison?
(a) Becoming pregnant.
(b) Killing another prisoner.
(c) Gifts from family.
(d) Gaining clemency.
5. When Chapter 23 starts, Elaine is looking for a job. How many people does she know with a job?
6. What was the minimum sentence for Elaine's crime when she was arrested?
(a) Five years to life.
(b) Twenty-five years to life.
(c) Twenty years to life.
(d) Fifteen years to life.
7. Who says in Chapter 10, "I have to break the cycle."
8. In Chapter 29, what single word does Elaine use to describe life on the outside?
9. What prison job did Elaine have that paid 77.5 cents a day?
(a) Counter attendant.
(b) Cook helper.
(d) In the Children's Center.
10. Who is Nathan?
(a) Elaine's boss.
(b) Elaine's brother.
(c) Elaine's son.
(d) Elaine's boyfriend.
11. Selling how much cocaine constitutes an A-1 felony at the time Chapter Six takes place?
(a) One ounce.
(b) Two ounces.
(c) Three ounces.
(d) Four ounces.
12. What is the occasion of Yvonne's last visit to Elaine?
(c) Yvonne's 60th birthday.
(d) Elaine's 38th birthday.
13. Who in Elaine's family died of AIDS in 1992?
14. Who moves to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in Chapter 12?
15. A few months after leaving prison, Elaine discovers a copy of her birth certificate. Who is listed as her father?
(a) Ronald Windsor.
(b) Frank Bartlett.
(c) Fred Bartlett.
(d) Ronald Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elaine go grocery shopping in Chapter 20?
2. How many days does Elaine last in Apartment 13B before leaving the first time?
3. What subway line does Elaine take to get to the Greenpoint YMCA?
4. What news did Elaine have for her mother when she arrived for Elaine's sentencing?
5. Who tells Elaine about hearing her on the radio talking about the Rockefeller drug laws?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)