|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elaine when she is released from prison?
2. Who writes, "I am broke now so everyone treats me like a wet shoe?"
3. What subway line does Elaine take to get to the Greenpoint YMCA?
(a) G train.
(b) C train.
(c) A train.
(d) D train.
4. Who in Elaine's family died of AIDS in 1992?
5. Which of Elaine's children participates in the summer program that Sister Elaine Roulet starts?
6. In Chapter 11, who is sentenced to 63 days in solitary confinement?
7. What is the return address on most of the letters that Elaine receives in prison in Chapter 11?
(a) Rikers Island.
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Green Haven Correctional Facility.
8. Who punches Danae in the face in Chapter 27?
(b) A teacher.
9. Who is Nathan?
(a) Elaine's brother.
(b) Elaine's boss.
(c) Elaine's boyfriend.
(d) Elaine's son.
10. Elaine gives $10 to her sister-in-law, but what is the first thing she buys for herself?
(d) Chips and gum.
11. What did Elaine do in the mornings when she first arrived at Bedford Hills?
(a) Work as a porter.
(b) Attend education classes.
(c) Remained locked in her cell.
(d) Cleaned the mess hall.
12. Who is Alfonso Camacho?
(a) Elaine's first parole officer.
(b) Elaine's landlord.
(c) Elaine's boss.
(d) Elaine's boyfriend.
13. Why says, "The more I waited, the nervouser I got."
14. What is Charlie's real name?
(a) Donald Weise.
(b) Kenneth Cook.
(c) Richard Zagorski.
(d) George Deets.
15. Of the five Bartlett siblings, who is the only who hasn't gone to jail by Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elaine first arrives at Bedford Hills prison with how many other women from Albany County jail?
2. What prison job did Elaine have that paid 77.5 cents a day?
3. Who is released from prison in 1987, according to Chapter 9.
4. How many days does Elaine last in Apartment 13B before leaving the first time?
5. In Chapter 21, what lesson is mentioned that people learn upon leaving prison?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)