|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Charlie offer Elaine to take a package of cocaine to Albany?
2. What was the minimum sentence for Elaine's crime when she was arrested?
(a) Five years to life.
(b) Fifteen years to life.
(c) Twenty-five years to life.
(d) Twenty years to life.
3. What did Elaine do in the mornings when she first arrived at Bedford Hills?
(a) Work as a porter.
(b) Remained locked in her cell.
(c) Cleaned the mess hall.
(d) Attend education classes.
4. Which of Elaine's children participates in the summer program that Sister Elaine Roulet starts?
5. Who tells Elaine about hearing her on the radio talking about the Rockefeller drug laws?
(d) Her parole officer.
6. Who says in Chapter 10, "I have to break the cycle."
7. Who is arrested two months after Frankie dies?
8. Whose nickname was "Maximum John?"
(a) The arresting officer.
(b) The Albany judge.
(c) The Albany district attorney.
(d) Elaine's lawyer.
9. In Chapter 11, who is sentenced to 63 days in solitary confinement?
10. Who bought a gun at the age of 12?
11. How much money did the prison give Elaine upon her release?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Thirty-five dollars.
(c) Forty-five dollars.
(d) Forty dollars.
12. What bad news does Lora receive in Chapter 15?
(a) She loses her job.
(b) Her husband wants a divorce.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) That she has HIV.
13. What program is Elaine rejected for in Chapter 29?
(a) Social Security Disability.
(b) Vocational Rehabilitation.
(d) Section 8.
14. What sentence did Elaine receive from the judge on her case?
(a) Twenty to life.
(b) Twenty-five to life.
(c) Five to life.
(d) Fifteen to life.
15. Elaine gives $10 to her sister-in-law, but what is the first thing she buys for herself?
(c) Chips and gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Who ate my cheese?" in Chapter 24?
2. Who refers to Elaine as "rebel without a cause" in Chapter 7?
3. According to Chapter 28, what do friends Elaine and Lora talk most about?
4. What movie did Elaine become fond of in prison?
5. Of the five Bartlett siblings, who is the only who hasn't gone to jail by Chapter 24?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)