|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 17 | Part 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the 77-year-old prisoner who had been at Bedford Hills longer than anyone?
(a) Ruth Brown.
(b) Jean Harris.
(c) Betty Franklin.
(d) Shawna Smith.
2. After Yvonne was arrested for selling heroin, where did Elaine spend two years?
(a) With her father.
(b) With her grandmother.
(c) Mount Loretto.
(d) Foster care.
3. What happens on December 19, 1999?
(a) Elaine is released.
(b) Yvonne Bartlett dies.
(c) Elaine has her second clemency review.
(d) The Rockefeller drug laws are repealed.
4. What did Elaine do in the mornings when she first arrived at Bedford Hills?
(a) Remained locked in her cell.
(b) Work as a porter.
(c) Cleaned the mess hall.
(d) Attend education classes.
5. Who is released from prison in 1987, according to Chapter 9.
(b) Elaine's brother, Shyan.
(c) Elaine's sister, Sabrina.
(d) Elaine's brother, Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys an electric-purple pantsuit for Elaine to wear out of prison?
2. Who says in Chapter 10, "I have to break the cycle."
3. Which couple is introduced in Chapter 10 as joining a program to let a prisoner's child stay with them for a week?
4. What is the occasion of Yvonne's last visit to Elaine?
5. What sent Jamel to prison a second time in Chapter 14?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)