Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. When Chapter 1 begins, how old is Elaine Bartlett?
2. How much did Elaine pay for rent in the first chapter?
3. When the book begins in Part I, where is Elaine working?
(a) 125 Barber Shop and Beauty Shop.
(b) Harlem Beauty Shop.
(c) She doesn't work. She only collects welfare.
(d) Project Renewal.
4. How much does Charlie offer Elaine to take a package of cocaine to Albany?
5. Who is Nathan?
(a) Elaine's boyfriend.
(b) Elaine's boss.
(c) Elaine's son.
(d) Elaine's brother.
6. What is Charlie's real name?
(a) George Deets.
(b) Donald Weise.
(c) Kenneth Cook.
(d) Richard Zagorski.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
7. What year was Elaine arrested?
8. Yvonne is Elaine's mother. How many children did she have?
9. After Yvonne was arrested for selling heroin, where did Elaine spend two years?
(a) Mount Loretto.
(b) Foster care.
(c) With her father.
(d) With her grandmother.
10. What year were the Rockefeller drug laws passed?
11. What country's drug laws inspired Governor Rockefeller's drug laws?
This section contains 3,410 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)