Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• Elaine Bartlett is arrested for the first time at a time when Rockefeller drug laws have just been passed in New York.
• Elaine lives in a Harlem housing project with her boyfriend and four children.
• She wants to have Thanksgiving at her apartment, but does not have enough money from welfare and her wages at a local beauty shop.
• A white man named Charlie who has been hanging around offers Elaine $2,500 to carry four ounces of cocaine from New York City to Albany.
• She decides to do it against the advice of her boyfriend, Nathan, who decides to go with her.
• Charlie meets them at the Albany station and takes them to a local hotel.
• Elaine and Nathan are arrested after being set up by Charlie, who is really an informer named George Deets.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• The Albany courthouse is closed so...
This section contains 3,483 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)