|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Twain's friend not like epidemics?
2. What was Twain considered to be in his home town, according to Chapter 53?
3. What town did Twain stay at in Chapter 31?
4. What did Twain remember as he passed by Sunday school?
5. What was Twain's first reaction to the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics did Uncle Remus have based on Chapter 47?
2. What did Twain write about the graveyards in New Orleans based on Chapter 42?
3. What did the homeless man do in Chapter 56?
4. What did Twain remark about cities and towns along the Upper Mississippi in Chapter 58?
5. What did Twain explain about his pen name in Chapter 50?
6. Who did Twain think about when passing by Sunday School in Chapter 54?
7. What happened to The Gold Dust in Chapter 37?
8. What benefited laborers and plantation owners alike in Chapter 33?
9. What was the manufacturing city, Natchez, like as described in Chapter 39?
10. What improvement did Twain say improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of a memoir and write about what it means to write in this genre, including benefits and drawbacks.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship with Twain and his brother, Henry or the relationship between Twain and his family as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Research the history of architecture in the south, including the common styles and discuss Twain's writing on architecture in Baton Rouge.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)