|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Twain disappointed at the end of Chapter 52?
2. What other work did the man Twain took his name from produce after Twain took his name?
3. What did Twain describe in Chapter 58?
4. Why was Twain later shocked about the letter in Chapter 52?
5. What did Twain write he wished for after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain say about his encounter with a friend who was an undertaker according to Chapter 43?
2. What anecdote did a professor tell to Twain Chapter 36?
3. What did Twain write about St. Anne?
4. What was the manufacturing city, Natchez, like as described in Chapter 39?
5. What did Twain write about the graveyards in New Orleans based on Chapter 42?
6. What did Twain write about regarding Baton Rouge in Chapter 40?
7. Who and what did Twain write about Mardi Gras in Chapter 45?
8. What happened to The Gold Dust in Chapter 37?
9. What benefited laborers and plantation owners alike in Chapter 33?
10. How did Twain compare steamboats to houses in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that cotton played in the economy in the south, and the intended impact of the Calhoun Land Company.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the background of the Civil War and the impact that it had on the south, including its residents.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship with Twain and his brother, Henry or the relationship between Twain and his family as a whole.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)