|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain discover after talking with the pilot in Chapter 24?
2. What town was next to the area Twain wrote had been important to the Union in Chapter 26?
3. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
4. What did Bixby have to pilot the boat around in Chapter 7?
5. What task does Twain describe in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a pilot watch from the pilot cabin in Chapter 26?
2. What was sounding according to Twain in Chapter 12?
3. What did Twain note about Stephen in Chapter 14?
4. Who is Bixby in Chapter 4?
5. What did Twain illustrate in Chapter 3?
6. What did Twain say in Chapter 28 about the romance of the river?
7. What Twain explain about his early attempts to work on a steamboat according to Chapter 4?
8. What does Twain trace back to French settlements in Chapter 23?
9. What two types of people did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
10. What silly game was Twain playing in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the title "A Question of Law", and whether Twain was responsible for the death of the homeless man.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the background of the Civil War and the impact that it had on the south, including its residents.
Essay Topic 3
Choose an excerpt from "Huckleberry Finn" as referenced in Chapter 3, and discuss its significance in "Life on the Mississippi."
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)