|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain remember as he passed by Sunday school?
(a) His parents.
(b) His brother.
(c) Two acquaintances that died as children.
(d) His first crush.
2. Where was Twain's friend when he saw the body of the second soldier?
3. What did Twain say steamboats were vastly superior to in Chapter 38?
(a) Stone buildings.
(b) The loveliest houses from twenty years ago.
(c) Wood buildings.
4. What happened to Napoleon?
(a) It was moved.
(b) It burned to the ground.
(c) It was remodeled.
(d) It was taken apart.
5. Who did Twain take the name Mark Twain from, according to Chapter 50?
(a) Captain Sellers.
(b) Captain Stephen.
(c) Captain Roberts.
(d) Captain Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man and the woman in Chapter 49 marry?
2. Why did the gambler make it big?
3. What did Twain notice about the cities he was visiting in Chapter 57?
4. How many lines did Twain's acquaintance have in the play he acted in?
5. What was Uncle Remus according to Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain compare steamboats to houses in Chapter 38?
2. What did a former prison roommate write about in Chapter 52?
3. What did the carpenter in Chapter 55 tell Twain?
4. Who did Twain write about in Chapter 59?
5. What did Twain doubt in Chapter 48?
6. What did Twain write about Southern speech in Chapter 44?
7. What did Twain write about St. Anne?
8. What was the manufacturing city, Natchez, like as described in Chapter 39?
9. About how many people died in Vicksburg because of the war according to Chapter 35?
10. What three Southern occupations did Twain describe in Chapter 45 and what was Twain's opinion on each?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)