|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Twain's first reaction to the letter?
(a) He was moved.
(b) He was interested.
(c) He was disinterested.
(d) He was laughing.
2. What did the man Twain took his name from write under that pseudonym?
(a) Steamboat reviews.
(b) Silly articles.
(c) Opinion pieces.
(d) News articles.
3. What happened to Napoleon?
(a) It burned to the ground.
(b) It was moved.
(c) It was taken apart.
(d) It was remodeled.
4. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
(a) Passenger transport.
(b) Steamboat bars.
(c) Grain transports.
(d) Steamboat poker tournaments.
5. What weather accompanied Twain during his travels in Chapter 51?
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebration did Twain write about in Chapter 46?
2. Where did Twain see Bixby in Chapter 48?
3. What did Twain give to a bum as a child according to Chapter 56?
4. Why did Twain think the New Orleans graveyard to be dangerous?
5. What did Twain do after hearing the carpenter's story in Chapter 55?
Short Essay Questions
1. What improvement did Twain say improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
2. What did Twain write about the graveyards in New Orleans based on Chapter 42?
3. What had become of many of the pilots Twain knew as a young man in Chapter 48?
4. What did a former prison roommate write about in Chapter 52?
5. Where did Twain return in Chapter 60?
6. What did Twain explain about his pen name in Chapter 50?
7. Who was Ritter and what did he do in Chapter 31?
8. Who and what did Twain write about Mardi Gras in Chapter 45?
9. What did Twain write about St. Anne?
10. What three Southern occupations did Twain describe in Chapter 45 and what was Twain's opinion on each?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)