|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Twain about the gambler who wanted to do business with him in Chapter 36?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A professor.
(c) A geologist.
(d) A cook.
2. What southern occupation did Twain describe in Chapter 45?
(a) Peace talk.
(b) Economical tak.
(c) War talk.
(d) Politic talk.
3. What did New Orleans have fewer of in recent years according to Twain in Chapter 41?
(d) Sewer problems.
4. How many died in the battlefield described in Chapter 34?
5. Where did the inhabitants near the battlefield in Chapter 34 take shelter?
(a) In neighboring cities.
(b) In refugee camps.
(c) Underground shelters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What manufacturing city did Twain describe in Chapter 39?
2. Where did Twain see Bixby in Chapter 48?
3. Why did Twain have to change a name as mentioned in Chapter 47?
4. Why was Twain later shocked about the letter in Chapter 52?
5. Who did Twain's friend want his money to go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a former prison roommate write about in Chapter 52?
2. Who and what did Twain write about Mardi Gras in Chapter 45?
3. What did Twain say about his encounter with a friend who was an undertaker according to Chapter 43?
4. What did the homeless man do in Chapter 56?
5. What happened to The Gold Dust in Chapter 37?
6. What characteristics did Uncle Remus have based on Chapter 47?
7. Who did Twain think about when passing by Sunday School in Chapter 54?
8. What had become of many of the pilots Twain knew as a young man in Chapter 48?
9. How did Twain compare steamboats to houses in Chapter 38?
10. What three Southern occupations did Twain describe in Chapter 45 and what was Twain's opinion on each?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)