|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the pilot in Chapter 26 transport during the Civil War?
2. How much money did the measures discussed by Twain in Chapter 28 save per load of cargo?
3. What was the main quality good pilots needed to have according to Twain in Chapter 13?
(c) Quick reflexes.
4. What was the due of the pilot's association?
(a) $50 plus 10%.
(b) $200 plus 10%.
(c) $50 plus 5%.
(d) $200 plus 5%.
5. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
(b) A wet towel.
(c) A steel bar.
(d) A piece of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
2. What town was next to the area Twain wrote had been important to the Union in Chapter 26?
3. What did Twain do to follow his dream?
4. Who did Twain befriend on the steamboat from Cincinnati?
5. How long would the Mississippi be if it was in a straight line?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Indians tell the explorers according to Chapter 2?
2. What Twain explain about his early attempts to work on a steamboat according to Chapter 4?
3. What did Twain note about Stephen in Chapter 14?
4. What did Twain do after the war according to Chapter 21?
5. What horrific story does Twain describe in Chapter 30?
6. What does Twain realize about what he has to learn in Chapter 10?
7. What did Twain describe when he returned to the river in Chapter 22?
8. What did a pilot watch from the pilot cabin in Chapter 26?
9. What was Murel's gang according to Chapter 29?
10. What did Twain note about changes in the river in Chapter 17?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)