|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain trace back the towns in Chapter 23 to?
(a) French settlements.
(b) Native American settlements.
(c) British settlements.
(d) Dutch settlements.
2. Why was the Mississippi River attractive for people?
(a) People found it relaxing and quiet.
(b) People found it savage, lonely and desolate.
(c) People found it refreshing.
(d) People found it scary and exiting.
3. What town was next to the area Twain wrote had been important to the Union in Chapter 26?
(a) New Berlin.
(b) New Madrid.
(c) New Paris.
(d) New Grinwitch.
4. What was the normal wage for a pilot in Twain's time?
5. What city was having cases of Yellow Death in Chapter 29?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the due of the pilot's association?
2. Where was Twain's brother hospitalized?
3. What was the nickname of the trainees on Twain's new boat in Chapter 18?
4. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
5. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain note about Stephen in Chapter 14?
2. What two types of people did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
3. What silly game was Twain playing in Chapter 24?
4. What did Twain describe when he returned to the river in Chapter 22?
5. What was sounding according to Twain in Chapter 12?
6. How was the the pilot's association treated based on Chapter 15?
7. What horrific story does Twain describe in Chapter 30?
8. What was Murel's gang according to Chapter 29?
9. What did Twain do after the war according to Chapter 21?
10. What was the bluff reef in Chapter 9?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)