|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain describe in Chapter 11?
(a) The trip of a family en route for New Orleans.
(b) An amazing piece of piloting.
(c) How cargo wasunloaded.
(d) His fear of piloting alone.
2. What did Huckleberry Finn do in Chapter 3?
(a) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi traveled.
(b) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi talked.
(c) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi treated slaves.
(d) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi lived.
3. Why was Twain jealous of the boy he knew in his town?
(a) He married the town's prettiest girl.
(b) He was wealthy.
(c) He went to work on steamboats.
(d) He was a better writer than him.
4. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
(a) How high the river was at any given time.
(b) To follow the light on the shore.
(c) How high the boat was to avoid bridges.
(d) To read maps.
5. What did Twain discover as he wanted to see one specific town?
(a) The town burned to the ground.
(b) The town was deserted.
(c) The town doubled in size.
(d) Its access to the river was blocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Twain happy to see still being there in Chapter 25?
2. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
3. How did Twain see steamboat pilots in Chapter 14?
4. What was Twain's brother's name according to Chapter 19?
5. What did people think of Bixby's maneuver in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities does a good pilot need based on Chapter 13?
2. What did Twain say in Chapter 28 about the romance of the river?
3. What does Twain trace back to French settlements in Chapter 23?
4. Who is Bixby in Chapter 4?
5. What horrific story does Twain describe in Chapter 30?
6. What Twain explain about his early attempts to work on a steamboat according to Chapter 4?
7. What did Twain describe when he returned to the river in Chapter 22?
8. Why was Twain excited according to Chapter 16?
9. Why would W have killed Twain in Chapter 8?
10. What catastrophe was described in Chapter 20?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)