|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saint did Twain mention in Chapter 42?
(a) Saint Sophie.
(b) Saint Anne.
(c) Saint Margaret.
(d) Saint Catherine.
2. What did Twain do after hearing the carpenter's story in Chapter 55?
(a) He reported the man to the army.
(b) He warned the local church.
(c) He asked to see the church pastor.
(d) He warned the only Lynch in town.
3. Who did Twain talk to in Chapter 40?
(a) Mrs. Bourg.
(b) Mrs. Rosenberg.
(c) Mrs. Talp.
(d) Mrs. Trollope.
4. What weather accompanied Twain during his travels in Chapter 51?
5. What happened to Bixby according to Chapter 49?
(a) A horse threw him off.
(b) A train blew under him.
(c) A boat blew under him.
(d) A car blew under him.
6. What town did Twain stay at in Chapter 31?
(b) New Orleans.
7. What did the carpenter in Chapter 55 tell Twain?
(a) That he killed many people.
(b) That he built a church by himself.
(c) That he was not Christian.
(d) That he was a soldier.
8. Why did Twain think the New Orleans graveyard to be dangerous?
(a) Because of the chemicals the dead bodies emitted.
(b) Because of alligators.
(c) Because of grave robbers.
(d) Because of open graves.
9. Where did the man Twain describe in Chapter 48 sent correspondence from?
(a) The afterlife.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) The land of the lost.
10. What play was Twain's acquaintance acting in Chapter 51?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
11. What was Twain considered to be in his home town, according to Chapter 53?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A fool.
12. What did Twain think of New Orleans graveyards in Chapter 42?
(a) He found them dirty.
(b) He found them beautiful.
(c) He found them too large.
(d) He found them too small.
13. What other work did the man Twain took his name from produce after Twain took his name?
(b) Steamboat reviews.
(c) News bulletins.
(d) Funny pieces.
14. What did the manufacturing city in Chapter 39 produce?
(b) Oil and wine.
(c) Ice and cannon powder.
(d) Ice and oil from cotton seeds.
15. What hero pilot ended up disabled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man Twain took his name from write under that pseudonym?
2. What did Uncle Remus look lie?
3. What did Twain find had improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
4. What did Twain's friend pretend to be to befriend the soldiers in Chapter 31?
5. What city did Twain write about in Chapter 40?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)