|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines did Twain's acquaintance have in the play he acted in?
2. Why was Twain disappointed at the end of Chapter 52?
(a) He could not see Mr. Brown.
(b) Mr. Brown refused to see him.
(c) He didn't understand Mr. Brown.
(d) Mr. Brown didn't exist.
3. Where was Twain traveling to in Chapter 52?
(a) Saint Louis.
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. What did Twain remember as he passed by Sunday school?
(a) His parents.
(b) His brother.
(c) Two acquaintances that died as children.
(d) His first crush.
5. Where did the man Twain describe in Chapter 48 sent correspondence from?
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The land of the lost.
(d) New Orleans.
6. What historical period did the south romanticize according to Twain?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The French revolution.
(c) The Middle Ages.
(d) The Roman Empire.
7. What did Twain notice about the cities he was visiting in Chapter 57?
(a) They stayed the same.
(b) They changed.
(c) They were cleaner than he remembered.
(d) They were taken over by the Union Army.
8. What weather accompanied Twain during his travels in Chapter 51?
9. What cards did the gambler get in Chapter 36?
(a) 4 king.
(b) 4 queens.
(c) 4 aces.
(d) 4 tens.
10. Where did Twain go in Chapter 53?
(d) Port Hudson.
11. What did Twain write he wished for after his death?
(a) To be buried at sea.
(b) To be buried in New Orleans.
(c) To be cremated.
(d) To be embalmed.
12. What happened to Bixby according to Chapter 49?
(a) A train blew under him.
(b) A horse threw him off.
(c) A boat blew under him.
(d) A car blew under him.
13. What was Twain considered to be in his home town, according to Chapter 53?
(a) A fool.
(d) A traitor.
14. Why did the gambler make it big?
(a) He counted cards.
(b) He found a winning lottery ticket.
(c) The man he was gambling against accidentally dealt a fixed hand wrong.
(d) He discover his opponent's tell.
15. What did Twain say steamboats were vastly superior to in Chapter 38?
(a) Stone buildings.
(b) The loveliest houses from twenty years ago.
(d) Wood buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the manufacturing city in Chapter 39 produce?
2. What did Twain think of New Orleans graveyards in Chapter 42?
3. What did Twain do after hearing the carpenter's story in Chapter 55?
4. Who did Twain talk to in Chapter 40?
5. What did Sir Walter Scott do to the south according to Twain?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)