|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain write he wished for after his death?
(a) To be cremated.
(b) To be buried in New Orleans.
(c) To be embalmed.
(d) To be buried at sea.
2. What happened to Bixby according to Chapter 49?
(a) A train blew under him.
(b) A horse threw him off.
(c) A boat blew under him.
(d) A car blew under him.
3. Why did the man and the woman in Chapter 49 marry?
(a) Because they thought they would inherit some money.
(b) Because he was going to war.
(c) Because they loved each other.
(d) Because they wanted to anger their parents.
4. Why did Twain have to change a name as mentioned in Chapter 47?
(a) The owner of the name brought a libel suit.
(b) The name didn't reflect the content.
(c) The name was a mouthful.
(d) The name was too long for the cover.
5. What city did Twain write about in Chapter 40?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
6. What play was Twain's acquaintance acting in Chapter 51?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Caesar.
7. How many lines did Twain's acquaintance have in the play he acted in?
8. Why did the gambler make it big?
(a) He found a winning lottery ticket.
(b) The man he was gambling against accidentally dealt a fixed hand wrong.
(c) He counted cards.
(d) He discover his opponent's tell.
9. What did Twain find had improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
(a) The water system.
(b) The hygiene.
(c) The public parks.
(d) The lights.
10. What did Twain's friend pretend to be to befriend the soldiers in Chapter 31?
(a) A barber.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A fellow soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
11. Where did Twain see Bixby in Chapter 48?
(a) In the street.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a steamboat.
(d) In a bar.
12. Why did Twain think the New Orleans graveyard to be dangerous?
(a) Because of open graves.
(b) Because of the chemicals the dead bodies emitted.
(c) Because of grave robbers.
(d) Because of alligators.
13. What weather accompanied Twain during his travels in Chapter 51?
14. What battlefield did Twain describe in Chapter 34?
15. What did Twain think of the correspondence of the man in Chapter 48?
(a) It was doubtful.
(b) It was well written.
(c) It was short.
(d) It was believable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain take the name Mark Twain from, according to Chapter 50?
2. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
3. Where was Twain traveling to in Chapter 52?
4. What did the Calhoun Line Company decide to sell in Chapter 33?
5. What did Twain say steamboats were vastly superior to in Chapter 38?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)