|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What southern occupation did Twain describe in Chapter 45?
(a) Politic talk.
(b) Economical tak.
(c) Peace talk.
(d) War talk.
2. What did Uncle Remus look lie?
(b) White and red haired.
(c) African American.
(d) Native American.
3. What did Twain say people in Chapter 44 were using in place of "gone"?
(a) Something sounding like "wone."
4. Where did Twain see Bixby in Chapter 48?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a steamboat.
(c) In the street.
(d) In a bar.
5. What saint did Twain mention in Chapter 42?
(a) Saint Catherine.
(b) Saint Sophie.
(c) Saint Anne.
(d) Saint Margaret.
6. What did the men on Twain's boat think of him wanting to disembark at Napoleon in Chapter 32?
(a) They found it sad.
(b) They found it alarming.
(c) They found it hilarious.
(d) They found it pathetic.
7. Why was Twain later shocked about the letter in Chapter 52?
(a) He discovered the author was dead.
(b) He discovered it was written 10 years ago.
(c) He discovered it was fake.
(d) He discovered it was true.
8. What did Twain miss, according to Chapter 44?
(a) New York.
(b) Visiting the Amazon.
(c) Southern speech.
(d) Life on boats.
9. What was Twain considered to be in his home town, according to Chapter 53?
(b) A traitor.
(d) A fool.
10. Who did Twain run into in Chapter 53?
(a) A wounded soldier.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young woman.
11. What happened to Napoleon?
(a) It was moved.
(b) It was taken apart.
(c) It burned to the ground.
(d) It was remodeled.
12. Where did Twain return to after finishing his trip, according to Chapter 60?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York
13. What did New Orleans have fewer of in recent years according to Twain in Chapter 41?
(a) Sewer problems.
14. What did Twain's friend say people never skimp on?
(c) Baked goods.
15. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
(a) Steamboat bars.
(b) Passenger transport.
(c) Grain transports.
(d) Steamboat poker tournaments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Twain's friend leave after his death?
2. What did Twain describe in Chapter 58?
3. What cards did the gambler get in Chapter 36?
4. What town did Twain stay at in Chapter 31?
5. What weather accompanied Twain during his travels in Chapter 51?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)