|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town from which the two feuding families were from?
2. How did Twain see steamboat pilots in Chapter 14?
(a) As prisoners to the Union.
(b) As the freeest men on the boat.
(c) As prisoners to the boat owners.
(d) As the freest men in America.
3. Who proved that the Mississippi emptied in the Gulf of Mexico?
(a) La Rosa.
(b) La Grange.
(c) La Salle.
(d) De La Villa.
4. What did Huckleberry Finn do in Chapter 3?
(a) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi talked.
(b) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi traveled.
(c) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi treated slaves.
(d) Illustrated how men on the Mississipi lived.
5. Why was Twain on a different boat than the one he started he training on in Chapter 18?
(a) He was writing an article.
(b) He was loaned out.
(c) He resigned form the other boat.
(d) He was fired.
6. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
(a) Explore the Amazon.
(b) Run a flourishing trading business.
(c) Explore the Mississippi.
(d) Try to cross the Atlantic.
7. What was the steamboat industry replaced by during Twain's lifetime?
(a) Sea faring ships.
8. What was required on boats at night according to Chapter 10?
(a) Two bridge officers.
(c) Guard rails.
9. What special event did Twain describe in Chapter 16?
(a) Steamboat poker tournaments.
(b) Steamboat races.
(c) Steamboat galas.
(d) Steamboat decomission.
10. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
(a) A wet towel.
(b) A steel bar.
(c) A piece of wood.
11. Where was the man who tried to teach Twain a lesson from Chapter 30?
12. What was the nickname of the trainees on Twain's new boat in Chapter 18?
13. What part of the river did Twain write about in Chapter 25?
(b) The shores.
14. How long would the Mississippi be if it was in a straight line?
(a) 975 miles.
(b) 595 miles.
(c) 675 miles.
(d) 235 miles.
15. What task does Twain describe in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
2. What towns did Twain write about in Chapter 23?
3. What did the gang in Chapter 29 steal?
4. How did Twain name the pilot who came to take his shift after Bixby?
5. What did people think of Bixby's maneuver in Chapter 7?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)