Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-15
1. How does Mark Twain describe the river in Chapter 1?
2. What did the Indians tell the explorers according to Chapter 2?
3. What did Twain illustrate in Chapter 3?
4. What does Twain paint a picture of in Chapter 4?
5. What Twain explain about his early attempts to work on a steamboat according to Chapter 4?
6. Who is Bixby in Chapter 4?
7. What did Bixby do that nobody thought was possible according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 702 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)