|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What institution did Twain describe the architecture of in Chapter 40?
(d) The governor's mention.
2. What did Twain write he wished for after his death?
(a) To be buried in New Orleans.
(b) To be buried at sea.
(c) To be embalmed.
(d) To be cremated.
3. How did Twain name the pilot who came to take his shift after Bixby?
(a) Mr. W.
(b) Mr. P.
(c) Mr. R.
(d) Mr. T.
4. What did Twain find had improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
(a) The public parks.
(b) The lights.
(c) The water system.
(d) The hygiene.
5. What did the pilot find to be a silly game?
(a) Traveling alone.
(b) Traveling with other writers.
(c) Traveling incognito.
(d) Asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would smaller ships do after bumping into larger steamboats?
2. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
3. What is Chapter 11 about?
4. What was the name of the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 14?
5. How long after the first settler saw the Mississippi did the following settler see the river?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)