|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the gang in Chapter 29 steal?
2. What was the name of the man in competition with Twain for a girl?
3. What choice did the captain of the steamboat in Chapter 19 choose at the end?
(a) He didn't take sides.
(b) Brown over Twain.
(c) Twain over Brown.
(d) He fired Both Twain and Brown.
4. Why did Twain's friend not like epidemics?
(a) The dead were not bringing enough jewelry.
(b) Nobody bought bakery goods.
(c) There was a lot of crime.
(d) They were not as profitable as regular funerals.
5. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
(a) To read maps.
(b) How high the boat was to avoid bridges.
(c) How high the river was at any given time.
(d) To follow the light on the shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain discover after talking with the pilot in Chapter 24?
2. What trainer was hard on Twain in Chapter 18?
3. What southern occupation did Twain describe in Chapter 45?
4. What did Twain discover as he wanted to see one specific town?
5. What was Twain's first reaction to the letter?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)