|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
(a) Rough, but good natured.
(b) Without mercy.
(c) With respect.
2. How long were steamboat pilots shifts?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
3. How long would the Mississippi be if it was in a straight line?
(a) 235 miles.
(b) 675 miles.
(c) 595 miles.
(d) 975 miles.
4. What was special about the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 11?
(a) He was asleep.
(b) It was a trainee.
(c) It was Twain himself.
(d) There was no pilots.
5. Who told Marquette that the Mississippi was dangerous?
(a) The French.
(b) The British.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Spaniards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain run into in Chapter 53?
2. How did the story of the man who tried to rescue his wife during a steamboat accident end?
3. What choice did the captain of the steamboat in Chapter 19 choose at the end?
4. What was the normal wage for a pilot in Twain's time?
5. What did the men on Twain's boat think of him wanting to disembark at Napoleon in Chapter 32?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)