|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
(b) A wet towel.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A steel bar.
2. What was special about the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 11?
(a) There was no pilots.
(b) It was Twain himself.
(c) He was asleep.
(d) It was a trainee.
3. What was Twain happy to see still being there in Chapter 25?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) New York.
4. What manufacturing city did Twain describe in Chapter 39?
(b) St. Louis.
5. What did Twain say was profitable before, but were later hardly worth anything?
(a) Steamboat poker tournaments.
(b) Passenger transport.
(c) Steamboat bars.
(d) Grain transports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What institution did Twain describe the architecture of in Chapter 40?
2. What trainer was hard on Twain in Chapter 18?
3. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
4. What did Twain's friend say people never skimp on?
5. Where did Twain try to go to from Cincinnati?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)