|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Twain befriend on the steamboat from Cincinnati?
(a) The pilot.
(b) The mecanic.
(c) The captain.
(d) The night watchman.
2. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
3. What did the other pilots on Twain's boat do to him toward the end of his training?
(a) Made him question his eye sight.
(b) Made him question his own judgment.
(c) Made him question his friends.
(d) Made him question his training.
4. What city marked one of the strongest changes in traits and speeches, according to Chapter 22?
(a) Saint Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
5. What did Twain miss, according to Chapter 44?
(a) Life on boats.
(b) New York.
(c) Southern speech.
(d) Visiting the Amazon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain become towards the end of his pilot training?
2. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
3. What did Twain find had improved in New Orleans in Chapter 41?
4. Why was the Mississippi River attractive for people?
5. Where did the inhabitants near the battlefield in Chapter 34 take shelter?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)