|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain name the pilot who came to take his shift after Bixby?
(a) Mr. P.
(b) Mr. W.
(c) Mr. T.
(d) Mr. R.
2. What was required on boats at night according to Chapter 10?
(a) Guard rails.
(d) Two bridge officers.
3. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
(a) Explore the Mississippi.
(b) Run a flourishing trading business.
(c) Try to cross the Atlantic.
(d) Explore the Amazon.
4. What war did Twain mention in Chapter 27?
5. What did Twain say people in Chapter 44 were using in place of "gone"?
(d) Something sounding like "wone."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had to stay awake for the whole trip, according to Twain in Chapter 28?
2. What was the name of the town from which the two feuding families were from?
3. What was the main quality good pilots needed to have according to Twain in Chapter 13?
4. What saint did Twain mention in Chapter 42?
5. What was the name of the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 14?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)