|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice did the captain of the steamboat in Chapter 19 choose at the end?
(a) He fired Both Twain and Brown.
(b) He didn't take sides.
(c) Twain over Brown.
(d) Brown over Twain.
2. How did the man in competition with Twain for a girl became a hero to her?
(a) He offered her a horse.
(b) He almost died.
(c) He bought her a ring.
(d) He joined the army.
3. Why was the Mississippi River attractive for people?
(a) People found it refreshing.
(b) People found it scary and exiting.
(c) People found it savage, lonely and desolate.
(d) People found it relaxing and quiet.
4. What was Twain happy to see still being there in Chapter 25?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New York.
5. What towns did Twain write about in Chapter 23?
(a) Towns between Minneapolis and Baton Rouge.
(b) Towns between St. Louis and New Orleans.
(c) Towns between St. Louis and Baton Rouge.
(d) Towns between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Twain jealous of the boy he knew in his town?
2. What did Twain think of the reason behind not allowing passengers to board the boats during the special events of Chapter 16?
3. What did people think of Bixby's maneuver in Chapter 7?
4. What was the name of Brown's ship according to Chapter 20?
5. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)