|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Twain on a different boat than the one he started he training on in Chapter 18?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He was writing an article.
(c) He was loaned out.
(d) He resigned form the other boat.
2. Who helped complete the pilot's association monopoly?
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) Captains and owners.
(d) The press.
3. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
(a) How high the river was at any given time.
(b) To follow the light on the shore.
(c) How high the boat was to avoid bridges.
(d) To read maps.
4. How long were steamboat pilots shifts?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
5. What was the steamboat industry replaced by during Twain's lifetime?
(b) Sea faring ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man who tried to teach Twain a lesson from Chapter 30?
2. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
3. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
4. How was the pilot able to get a raise in Chapter 14?
5. How much money did the measures discussed by Twain in Chapter 28 save per load of cargo?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)