|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Twain befriend on the steamboat from Cincinnati?
(a) The night watchman.
(b) The mecanic.
(c) The pilot.
(d) The captain.
2. What did Twain describe in Chapter 30?
(a) A sunset on the river.
(b) A sunrise on the river.
(c) A boat exploding.
(d) His first novel.
3. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
(d) de Vama.
4. Where was the man who tried to teach Twain a lesson from Chapter 30?
5. Why did the pilot of the boat where Twain was on in Chapter 19 get in trouble?
(a) He did not navigate a turn the proper way.
(b) For not stopping at a specific point.
(c) He refused to slow down.
(d) He tried to hit Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the other pilots on Twain's boat do to him toward the end of his training?
2. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
3. How did Twain name the pilot who came to take his shift after Bixby?
4. Who helped complete the pilot's association monopoly?
5. What did people think of Bixby's maneuver in Chapter 7?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)