|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trainer was hard on Twain in Chapter 18?
2. What did Twain compare pilot's loss of romance toward the Mississippi to?
(a) To gravity losing its mystery for an aviator.
(b) To the ocean losing its mystery to sea captains.
(c) To the food losing their mystery to farmers.
(d) To the human body losing its mystery for doctors.
3. How did Twain see steamboat pilots in Chapter 14?
(a) As prisoners to the boat owners.
(b) As prisoners to the Union.
(c) As the freeest men on the boat.
(d) As the freest men in America.
4. Who was doing the depth measurement according to Chapter 28?
(a) Government boats.
(b) The steamboat captains.
(c) Local residents.
(d) Smaller boating companies.
5. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the pilot able to get a raise in Chapter 14?
2. How did the men treat Huck after finding him?
3. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
4. How long did Twain stay with his brother before his death?
5. What was required on boats at night according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)