|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice did the captain of the steamboat in Chapter 19 choose at the end?
(a) He fired Both Twain and Brown.
(b) Twain over Brown.
(c) Brown over Twain.
(d) He didn't take sides.
2. What did Twain become towards the end of his pilot training?
(a) Full of himself.
(c) A lisenced pilot.
(d) Physically strong.
3. What did the pilot of the boat in Chapter 19 chase Twain's brother with?
(a) A steel bar.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A wet towel.
4. Who borrowed money from everyone in Chapter 17?
5. What did people think of Bixby's maneuver in Chapter 7?
(a) It would be easy.
(b) It would fail.
(c) It would take several hours.
(d) It would be hard, but possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the due of the pilot's association?
2. What was important in Twain's early life according to Chapter 4?
3. How long is the Mississippi River according to Chapter 1?
4. What did the other pilots on Twain's boat do to him toward the end of his training?
5. Where did Twain try to go to from Cincinnati?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)