|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Mississippi first seen by a settler?
2. Who proved that the Mississippi emptied in the Gulf of Mexico?
(a) De La Villa.
(b) La Salle.
(c) La Rosa.
(d) La Grange.
3. Where did Marquette come from when he explored the Mississippi junction in Chapter 2?
(b) New York.
4. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
(d) Cloudy weather.
5. What was the main quality good pilots needed to have according to Twain in Chapter 13?
(b) Quick reflexes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the pilot able to get a raise in Chapter 14?
2. What did Twain become towards the end of his pilot training?
3. Who was Bixby according to Chapter 6?
4. How long is the Mississippi River according to Chapter 1?
5. What did pilots use to perform the task described in Chapter 12?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)