|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Twain jealous of the boy he knew in his town?
(a) He was a better writer than him.
(b) He married the town's prettiest girl.
(c) He went to work on steamboats.
(d) He was wealthy.
2. Where did Twain try to go to from Cincinnati?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Saint Louis.
3. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
(a) de Vama.
4. What did Bixby have to pilot the boat around in Chapter 7?
(a) A port.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A barge.
(d) An island.
5. What was the name of the man in competition with Twain for a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain have to learn besides the physical markers on the Mississippi?
2. What was the due of the pilot's association?
3. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
4. What was the name of the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 14?
5. What was causing the impression of a bluff reef in Chapter 9?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)