|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Marquette that the Mississippi was dangerous?
(a) The French.
(b) The British.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Spaniards.
2. How long were steamboat pilots shifts?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
3. When was the Mississippi first seen by a settler?
4. Where did Marquette come from when he explored the Mississippi junction in Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
5. Who was the first settler to see the Mississippi?
(c) de Vama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain say made the river even harder to navigate in Chapter 8?
2. How long is the Mississippi River according to Chapter 1?
3. What was special about the pilot in Twain's story in Chapter 11?
4. What did Twain think he would do using a steamboat according to Chapter 5?
5. Who helped complete the pilot's association monopoly?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)